help pls

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

coffey

RMS Regular
Drives
honda civic
ok not a legal matter related to cars but to work

say you got made redundant from your job 3 weeks ago and then subsequently saw the job being re-advertised......what are you entitled to?

sumthing about unfair dismissal if job re-advertised within 6 months or sumthin??

106lad

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 GT2 / 182
I same thing happened me, i was told that the position i was in had not enough hour for me, then a week later, the job was in the paper!! that ****ed me off big time!! but hey, im in a better job now!! so im glad im not there!!

Matt123

RMS Regular
I reckon that will come under the realms of constructive dismissal, I'm not sure about the ins and outs but it's at least stupid on the part of the employer. Get in touch with citizen's advise would be my idea.

Matt

coffey

RMS Regular
OP
coffey
Drives
honda civic
i was told by another colleague who also got made redundant that her solicitor said to keep an eye out for them advertising again within 12 months

really pissed me off cos i liked that job.........fookers

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Matt123 said:
I reckon that will come under the realms of constructive dismissal, I'm not sure about the ins and outs but it's at least stupid on the part of the employer. Get in touch with citizen's advise would be my idea.

Matt

Exactly what I think too mate, sounds like they may have lied to you over their reasons for letting you go.

Personally, I would make contact with the company and ask for an explanation. If the explanation wasn't satisfactory, I would contact the CAB.

Good luck mate. (y)

Crimson Viper

Drives
Integra Type R D
did ye get reduntancy pay?

Down here you can only be made reduntant if the company is coming to a close or going into liquidation.

Or were ye just let go?
If you were just let you go, you bascially got fired.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.