High Octane Fuel

WSM

RMS Regular
Drives
R8
Excuse me if there is a thread on this. Had a quick search couldn't see anything.

Am I still right in staying the 'best fuel' we get here is RON97? We've no where that stocks 99 or 100+?

WSM

RMS Regular
OP
WSM
Drives
R8
Thought so :worried: Thanks for confirmation @Eager

Anyone know why we don't have any of the Tesco Momentum 99 stuff? Shell VPower is presumably because Shell don't operate here anymore?

WSM

RMS Regular
OP
WSM
Drives
R8
No market? Really. There's lots of high powered cars, super cars, high end cars on RMS alone and we aren't exactly the whole nation on here. I'd imagine if there were pumps to get it from there would be a market for it. The GTR recommends RON100 ffs. My M4 was RON99 from memory. Obviously for 'ideal performance' and I doubt it had *That* much hinderance, but, still. I'd think there'd be a market... Maybe you're right though :grinning:

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
Need good demand to keep it fresh and it's just not worth it here. Even 97 Ron can be hit and miss. Needs to be fresh and not enough would sell for it to be fresh.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
No market? Really. There's lots of high powered cars, super cars, high end cars on RMS alone and we aren't exactly the whole nation on here. I'd imagine if there were pumps to get it from there would be a market for it. The GTR recommends RON100 ffs. My M4 was RON99 from memory. Obviously for 'ideal performance' and I doubt it had *That* much hinderance, but, still. I'd think there'd be a market... Maybe you're right though :grinning:
I would say that 97% of the petrol cars in NI never see anything other than standard pump fuel, supercars and high end stuff included.

Also the octane 'goes off' so even if they did bring it into the country, once left in the tanks for more than 10 days the goodness is no longer there and as such you'd be better off with standard pump fuel.

KyleR

RMS Regular
Drives
MYSR
There is 100% a market for it, it's just not big enough in this country unfortunately. Momentum used to be available here, but has since been removed. I'm not sure if that coincided with Shell going AWOL or not, but I would imagine it's damn near the same fuel, if not identical.

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
Lot of drift boys use the race fuel just because they know what they are getting, every time. The higher ron is a bonus too but some like it just to save the gamble on how fresh it is at the pump and risk blowing a engine.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Lot of drift boys use the race fuel just because they know what they are getting, every time. The higher ron is a bonus too but some like it just to save the gamble on how fresh it is at the pump and risk blowing a engine.
It don't come cheap :eek:

Remember the rally cars running 105 Ron i think it was and the cost was mental for a drum from memory

Neil Kirkpatrick

RMS Regular
Drives
Subaru Impreza P
You can buy 99 ron in sealed drums.
But because it is in sealed drum the quaility and Ron are guranteed to be the same In Every drum
Thus because of this it's a bit more expensive than pump 99 fuel at £2 plus per litre.
Though because of the guranteed quaility you can map your car with a lot less saftey on the map

Mark King

RMS Regular
Drives
Cars
Fuel here is ****. I've had issues with two cars from two different tuners who both said how bad my fuel was and the car wouldn't do as it would in English fuel.

Mark King

RMS Regular
Drives
Cars
You can buy 99 ron in sealed drums.
But because it is in sealed drum the quaility and Ron are guranteed to be the same In Every drum
Thus because of this it's a bit more expensive than pump 99 fuel at £2 plus per litre.
Though becucse of the guranteed quaility you can map your car with a lot less saftey on the map
Anyone here sell it?

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
Anyone here sell it?

Marks house.
giphy.gif

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
BP Ultimate is the best to buy in NI simply as it is the most popular and as such should always be the 'freshest'.

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
Drives
Skip
Only option is buy 97 Ron and use octane booster.

I emailed tesco years ago about it and they got back saying storage problems and demand wasn't high enough. 98 percent of NI use diesel and do 10k miles a year, im surprised there's still 97 Ron available to be honest.

Nigelo

RMS Regular
Only option is buy 97 Ron and use octane booster.

I emailed tesco years ago about it and they got back saying storage problems and demand wasn't high enough. 98 percent of NI use diesel and do 10k miles a year, im surprised there's still 97 Ron available to be honest.[/QUOTE]

Jinxed now, we are!! :p

WSM

RMS Regular
OP
WSM
Drives
R8
I've been told many different things by many different people re; fuel to use. I've had people tell me BP Ultimate is crap (It's pretty much what my M4 had 90% of the time, other than some Sainsburys Super & Go Super) but I found it to be OK.

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
Drives
Skip
I've been told many different things by many different people re; fuel to use. I've had people tell me BP Ultimate is crap (It's pretty much what my M4 had 90% of the time, other than some Sainsburys Super & Go Super) but I found it to be OK.
BP ultimate is probably the best you'll get here. Had to use it on my mps that was supposed to use 98 Ron minimum and had no problems with it.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
What fuel do you's use when mapping? Have you noticed any issues when checking fueling after map?
we use whatever the customer runs in the car all of the time, usually 95 for most cars and we set the map as such which affects the torque.

if a customer comes with 97 in and usually runs 95, we still set everything up for 95 as you know fine well the car will never see 97 again