Highly Recommended - Greenlight Insurance - 10 years of cover

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Terry

RMS Regular
Drives
Carefully
I'll try to keep this brief but credit where credit is due.

I was a customer of Greenlight's back in approx 2006 and found their customer service to be excellent, from actually genuinely knowing about the car in question through to working their best to get competitive pricing.

Roll on this week and I needed insurance sorted quickly as a bit of searching came to fruition sooner than expected. Instead of the dragging of heels, the car dealership had everything in place a few days early and this was closely followed by the realisation that I wouldn't have an active comprehensive policy specific to the car so I had to get on the phone quickly.

A call to Greenlight during the mid-morning enabled the collation of information by them to put through a bit of a bespoke referral to their underwriter (as some of the conditions fell outside 'the norm'). Their individual knowledge of the car was great and the price they came back with for cover both this year and the next were more than good.

I received a call back from them within 15 minutes of them calling the underwriters and the deal was done, allowing me to get on the road to swap one car for another.

I would encourage anyone looking for insurance to get in contact, if you're not sure whether you fall into their catchment then send them an email with as much information as possible and they genuinely use it in order to try to obtain cover on your behalf.

As I said at the start; credit where credit is due. Tony and his Staff haven't changed in their customer service approach in the 10 years or so that I've dealt with them and I'm glad to see them supporting us here in NI and on RMS.

Reno_LV

RMS Photographer
Drives
Honda S2000
They definitely have great prices etc. but last time I checked S2000 is not possible to insure with them :worried:

gary87

RMS Regular
Drives
E350
Always insured my own cars through them, couldn't recommend them highly enough. If they had to email you or you email them very quick responses and no huge holding times on the phone.

Always cheaper I found than everyone else as well. Regularly recommend them to people in work looking at any performance models.

s3_trev

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 8P
Ive tried them a few times. Wont touch me on an S3 8P. 100% clean licence and me nearly 30. Go figure. Very happy with Adrian Flux though so cant complain.

biffy.2008

RMS Regular
Drives
yaris t-sport
Ive both of vehicles insured with them. Absolutely top class service. Tony is always at hand to answer any questions i have had.

niallspence

RMS Regular
Drives
ST RS/FN2/GsxR
I've been with them for 7 years now and nobody can beat them on price. Up for renewal next week and I will be staying with them. Top class.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
When I was with them they were great and no issues with all my mods on my S3 @s3_trev but I havent been with them since as they havent been competitive

Terry

RMS Regular
OP
Terry
Drives
Carefully
If you can't get quoted on something then drop them an email with your driving history, no claims and everything you can think of.

Could simply be they can't cover that model (anymore) or sometimes as 'new business' it's a bit stricter as to what you need to comply with.

As I touched on, I fell into the 'can't quote' category but a couple of emails and a chat on the phone worked wonders.

Bleacher

RMS Regular
Drives
M2
I had been with them for quite a few years, but this year my premium went up slightly, for the first time, that is with no changes in my circumstances or address etc, turning 30 and adding an extra year NCB were the only changes. Disappointing, I got a much better price elsewhere. Although during my time insured with them they were easy to deal with and I had no issues.

Antoin

RMS Regular
Drives
E60 535d
Any particular reason given?

Unless they just deem them to be too high a risk due to the RWD aspect maybe?

Certainly is weird!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.