Honda Monkey Z125..

domo gti

RMS Regular
Drives
6n2/PoloGTI+
Well, here is the little bundle of laughs. Always loved these wee things but had no reason for one as ive a bigger sports bike.

BUT....... Recently we bought a VW T4 Hightop Campervan so it was a great excuse to buy one so i can bring along with us to head out exploring when camping.

I was going to buy a new one then spotted this and got it an amazing price as owner was heading away travelling.

Took the chance on a older one to see what they are like then il maybe order a new one when 2024 model is announced although im in no rush.

Its a 2018 Monkey with 6k miles on it but was just serviced, new sprocket/chain and a battery plus a fresh MOT Along with all the history, 2 keys & booklet.

Some small spots of rust/corrosion that will be tidied up but mainly bought this to use and not have as a show pony!

I was wanting to stay away from modding it but ofcourse im getting sucked into looking at exhausts etc already!!

Here are some photos after some cleaning & ACF50 treatment!
Mods so far are a Yoshimura oil fill bung, short rear plate, Monkey horn cover & keyring, newer black circle wing mirrors.

Best mod so far is the genuine Yoshimura Monkey T-shirt 🤣

Screenshot_20230717_115857_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20230717_115948_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20230717_115857_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20230717_115948_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20230717_120348_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20230717_120358_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20230717_115827_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20230717_115835_Gallery.jpg

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Yes good lad! Great craic to be and, and a fortune to be spent 😂

If you ever fancy a spin out give me a shout!

domo gti

RMS Regular
OP
domo gti
Drives
6n2/PoloGTI+
Yes good lad! Great craic to be and, and a fortune to be spent 😂

If you ever fancy a spin out give me a shout!

Your a bad influence with mods ffs! Definitely going to buy the Yoshimura system when funds allow.

I will PM you my number and text me any weekend your home as im pretty much free any Saturday/Sunday.

Went out last night for a quick run to the shop, ended up 40mile round trip as was having a blast and i probably didnt see more than 60mph 🤣

So tempted to bring the Monkey over to the TT next year!

Mackers91

RMS Regular
So tempted to do my CBT and buy one of these or a Grom but always wondered if I'm to big for one 6foot2 110kg lol

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Your a bad influence with mods ffs! Definitely going to buy the Yoshimura system when funds allow.

I will PM you my number and text me any weekend your home as im pretty much free any Saturday/Sunday.

Went out last night for a quick run to the shop, ended up 40mile round trip as was having a blast and i probably didnt see more than 60mph 🤣

So tempted to bring the Monkey over to the TT next year!

Haha, all you need is an exhaust and smaller front sprocket if you aren't maxing out 4th gear. If getting a smaller sprocket upgrade chain at same time to 420 as standard is rubbish. Send me your number, I'm on my way home now and hopefully home for a couple of weeks!

So tempted to do my CBT and buy one of these or a Grom but always wondered if I'm to big for one 6foot2 110kg lol

Do it, weight isn't a problem as I well know 😂 Plus if it's too slow the sprocket change can help, or even a big bore kit for the extra torque/power isn't dear at all.

The fun with the wee bikes is building the speed up and maintaining it and not touching the brakes 😂

domo gti

RMS Regular
OP
domo gti
Drives
6n2/PoloGTI+
Such a great afternoon spent on the Monkey!
Again i was just planning maybe an hour out on the bike but ended up 116mile/3hours+ out touring about, absolutely brilliant, there was light rain for about 2mins so i got lucky!
Screenshot_20230717_200238_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20230717_200220_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20230717_195129_Relive.jpg

mikey

RMS Regular
Drives
Celica
Haha, all you need is an exhaust and smaller front sprocket
Smaller sprocket put the ABS light on mine on a regular basis. Standard gearing was good for an indicated 90 odd downhill on my big bore kit!

Remember checking the tyre pressures on mine once and the rear tyre had 6psi. Goodness knows how long it was like that for but it literally didn’t handle or perform any differently with a basically flat tyre thanks to the stiffness/design of the sidewall. Another benefit to Monkey ownership!