Honda Racing PR's...

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
I will post any press articles relating to Honda that i get in here...

REA AND AOYAMA RE-FOCUS ON SILVERSTONE
31/07/12 from Honda Racing Print this page
Add this release to Your Downloads

Jonathan Rea and Hiroshi Aoyama are setting their sights on Silverstone in the United Kingdom as they return to round 10 of the 2012 World Superbike championship this weekend (3-5 August).

Both Honda World Superbike Team riders were in action for rival Honda teams at the prestigious Suzuka 8-hours race in Japan last Sunday, but experienced contrasting emotions.

While Rea emerged victorious with his FCC TSR Honda team, becoming the first British rider to win the Suzuka 8-hours, Aoyama saw his MuSASHi Honda team-mate and former Honda SBK rider, Ryuichi Kiyonari, crash out of the race while battling for the lead with Rea’s team-mate Kosuke Akiyoshi.

Swapping endurance-specification CBR1000RR Fireblades for their more familiar World Superbike versions this weekend, both Rea and Aoyama will be seeking success at the 5.902km Silverstone circuit near Northampton to make up for a disappointing outing in the last SBK round at Brno in the Czech Republic.

Rea missed the Silverstone round last year through injury, but took two strong second place finishes in 2010. Meanwhile, Aoyama took a top-ten placing in MotoGP in 2011.

Jonathan Rea
The Suzuka race was unbelievable – there was so much happening but we managed to stay consistent and bring it home. I’m a little tired and my body is adjusting after we got back to the UK on Monday evening but I’m looking forward to the week ahead. We had a very disappointing weekend at Brno last time out but I’m quite optimistic about Silverstone. I really enjoy the layout of the circuit and, although I missed last year, the bike worked pretty well there for me in 2010. I hope we can develop our new electronics package a little more this weekend and get some better throttle control. It’ll be good to come back for a second home race this season – it’s always great to meet the British fans and ride in front of them.

Hiroshi Aoyama
I am quite tired after Suzuka and travelling back to Europe again, but I have a few days to get over the jetlag before this weekend. Of course, the result in Japan was disappointing but I was happy to be challenging with my team at the front of the race. Now I must focus on Silverstone and try to find again the improved feeling I had with the bike on Saturday at Brno. Unfortunately, we could not make any more steps the following day because of a crash and a technical problem in the races. I will work hard with my team at Silverstone on Friday and try to improve our qualifying position for better races on Sunday.

Ronald ten Kate – team manager
We’ve got some new parts to try for this weekend at Silverstone, but after a difficult weekend at Brno, we first need to go back a step, closer to the base setting that we know has worked at other circuits this season. Both riders are currently recovering from their efforts at Suzuka, but they will return with some confidence I’m sure – Jonathan with a good feeling from his victory, but also Hiro because he was dicing for the lead as well. We know how well the CBR can work at Silverstone and it’s always a thrill to race in front of the enthusiastic British crowd, so we’re all looking forward to the weekend.

2012 World Superbike championship, round 10

Silverstone, United Kingdom – weekend schedule (local times)

Friday 3 August
11.45-12.30 Free practice
15.30-16.15 Qualifying 1

Saturday 4 August
09.45-10.30 Qualifying 2
12.30-13.15 Free practice
15.00-15.14 Superpole 1
15.21-15.33 Superpole 2
15.40-15.50 Superpole 3

Sunday 5 August
09.20-09.35 Warm-up
12.00 Race 1 (18 laps 106.236km)
15.30 Race 2 (18 laps 106.236km)

Graham

RMS Photographer
OP
Graham
Drives
Press Cars
HONDA’S JONATHAN REA WINS SUZUKA 8-HOURS
29/07/12 from Honda Racing Print this page
Add this release to Your Downloads

Honda World Superbike Team rider Jonathan Rea has become the first British rider to win the coveted and prestigious Suzuka 8-hours race in Japan.

Riding for the F.C.C. TSR Honda team, Rea and his team-mate, Kosuke Akiyoshi, won the race by four laps from TOHO Racing Honda, completing a one-two for Honda’s CBR1000RR Fireblade. The Yamaha France team finished third.

Rea and Akiyoshi, who finished third together in the 8-hours race in 2010, were joined on the Suzuka podium by former Honda World Superbike rider, Tadayuki Okada, who was the team’s reserve rider.

Today’s victory marked Honda’s 25th triumph in the Suzuka 8-hours race and the sixth win for the CBR1000RR machine in its 20th anniversary year.

“I’m so happy to get a win in such a huge race as the Suzuka 8-hours,” said Rea after his gruelling endurance effort. “I really appreciate the efforts of Kosuke Akiyoshi, Tady Okada, Honda and all the F.C.C. TSR team staff. Kosuke was riding very, very fast, and Tady gave me a lot of really useful advice. I want to thank them both so much.”

Rea’s Honda World Superbike colleague, Hiroshi Aoyama, rode for the MuSASHi RT Harc-Pro team, which was battling for the lead with just two hours to go when team-mate rider, Ryuichi Kiyonari, crashed out unhurt.

Aoyama commented: “This has been a great experience for me, thanks to my team-mates and the efforts of the whole MuSASHi Honda team. It’s a shame that we could not fight until the end of the race but it felt good to be riding at the front. I’d like to challenge for the Suzuka 8-hours race again next year.

The two Honda World Superbike Team riders now return to SBK action for round 10 of the 2012 series at Silverstone in the UK next weekend, 3-5 August.

Graham

RMS Photographer
OP
Graham
Drives
Press Cars
HONDA TO OPEN GARAGE AT SILVERSTONE WORLD SUPERBIKE CHAMPIONSHIP ROUND

6c2d99f1-48f2-4a09-9271-3f4c78cb2b12.jpg

Honda owners and race fans visiting the tenth round of the World Superbike Championship at the Silverstone circuit in the UK this weekend (3-5 August) are being offered another fantastic opportunity to see the Honda World Superbike Team at work – up close and personal.

For the fourth time this season, the team will be erecting a special pit display system in its garage with clear panels on one side, offering a close view of the riders and technicians at work during the weekend’s practice and qualifying sessions.

The system offers visitors an eye-level view of wheel changes, suspension adjustments and rider de-briefs; a fascinating insight into the workings of a top-level world championship motorcycle racing team.

To gain access to the Silverstone garage, Honda owners will need to present their Honda vehicle ignition key (from either Honda bike or car) at the team’s garage entrance. In return, they’ll receive a team wristband to allow them into the garage and the heart of the action.

Team Manager, Ronald ten Kate: “We have built a platform in our garage at the Assen round of the championship on several occasions, but this is a new system for this season. It has proved to be really popular and allows visitors to see what goes on from a mechanic’s eye level and we hope makes Honda owners really feel part of the team.”

Jonathan Rea #65: “It’s fantastic for the fans to be able to get up close and see how we prepare for the various on-track sessions during the weekend. I’m so focused on raceday that I don’t notice things going on around me and who comes in and out of the garage but I am pleased to be giving such an insight to Honda fans.”

Please note: Paddock access cannot be granted with Honda vehicle ignition key. This must be arranged separately and can be done so through the Silverstone Circuit website http://bit.ly/M0HwKS

Follow the Honda World Superbike Team’s progress throughout the race weekend on Twitter @hondaworldsbk or via the team’s website www.hondaworldsuperbike.com

Hel

RMS Regular
Further note, J Rea is from HERE!! Not that any NI sportsmen are credited much unless theres a ball involved (y) Massive achievement :grinning:

Graham

RMS Photographer
OP
Graham
Drives
Press Cars
I don't even read them, where does the media folk writing it say he's from ?

Hel

RMS Regular
In general I mean. If NI footie or rugby won an international you think it would pass this low under the radar? That article says "First brit" to win.

Graham

RMS Photographer
OP
Graham
Drives
Press Cars
ah yes, lol

he is a super star alright despite knowing very little other than "thats yer man from here thats very fast"

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.