how does this one work out?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

PhilG

RMS Regular
Right if i buy a cheap car which has been stolen and recovered, but hasnt been through the insurance, and i then fix up that car... get it a full mot etc., am i able to sell it for the same value as a similar model on the market which hasn't been stolen recovered?
And must i by law inform the new buyer that the car has been stolen and recovered, but hasnt gone through the insurance?

PhilG

RMS Regular
OP
P
Aye i probly would say. Im gonna head down to see this car now, and decide wether to take it or not.

scubbay

RMS Regular
Drives
10 second Imprez
your not obliged to inform the new buyer but for peace of mind tell the truth its easy remembered

PhilG

RMS Regular
OP
P
Didnt buy it, the car was a bit "shabby". Would have taken too much to get it resaleable(sp) again.

big cyril

RMS Regular
The stolen recovered thing can be a pain - heard about a guy with a Merc 4x4 which got nicked but abandoned after about a mile , so he got it back and the insurance paid for locks etc to be fixed.
All was well until he tried to trade it in for a new car and the dealer discovered it was stolen recovered via a HPI check and he was offered approx half of the normal value for it.
It would have been better for him if they had written it off.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.