Ibiza MK3 6L entry/dead battery

Boksic

RMS Regular
Hi all.

Looking a quick bit of advice as to how to gain entry to a MK3 Ibiza I'm going to buy from a workmate.

Story is the ignition barrel was changed and the key only fits it, the door locks weren't changed as it has central locking so somebody took a shortcut there. Car has been sitting a year now and obviously battery is flat so remote locking not working.

Looking to know if anyone has a handy way into one that isn't break a window, or an easy way to get it powered up for the remote to then unlock it. Eg break a grill out and open the bonnet or similar? Car is a 2008 so is the last of the mk3s as far as I'm aware.

Hoping for a cheap/fast solution if possible. Car is down around Omagh ish direction even if there's a handy locksmith about, will just need into the car not need any keys made or anything (hopefully?)

If anyone can help but feels it's not something should be published online PM me even?

@pobmk4 or @southsky sunrise maybe? Although I appreciate you may take different approaches 😂

southsky sunrise

RMS Regular
Drives
Old skool
As Nicky said or the olè coat hanger thru the door trick mate. If it comes to braking a window tho do non bonded one as they’re always cheaper. Usually the drivers.

Boksic

RMS Regular
OP
Boksic
Connect a set of jump leads to it via the block as an earth point and the live on the starter or alternator.

Wonder if either are reasonably handy got at from underneath if jacked up, don't even know if there's covers underneath.. Should be fairly straightforward though?

As Nicky said or the olè coat hanger thru the door trick mate. If it comes to braking a window tho do non bonded one as they’re always cheaper. Usually the drivers.

Good man yourself, trying not to break a window more through not being arsed to hoover the glass up than anything else! It's been a long time since I got the metal coat hangers into action 😂 I'll bring jump leads with me and a couple of coat hangers and give it a blast.

And a brick just incase. 👍🏻

Blackie

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 520d SE
If you’re going to break the window, get a roll of duct tape. Tape up the window you intend to break leaving a small hole for an impact point.

It’ll make the clean up job A LOT EASIER!!!!!!

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Wonder if either are reasonably handy got at from underneath if jacked up, don't even know if there's covers underneath.. Should be fairly straightforward though?

Good man yourself, trying not to break a window more through not being arsed to hoover the glass up than anything else! It's been a long time since I got the metal coat hangers into action 😂 I'll bring jump leads with me and a couple of coat hangers and give it a blast.

Last time I’d to do that was to get into a Merc and the alternator couldn’t be accessed even with the car jacked up, so I connected the positive lead to a 3/8” extension bar and held it on to the nut that holds the battery lead on the starter. It created enough of a connection to allow me to push the button on the key with my other hand and listen for the doors unlocking, then I pulled the extension bar away before it could lock again.

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR

On a 1.2 u can get at the starter easy enough from underneath on the passengers side below the battery.