Indy to do Clio 182 belt and dephaser

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
any good independent garage that could do a proper job on a timing belt service and dephaser etc on a Clio 182? I hear they are tricky and also that not just as handy and hard to time
Thanks

EP82JM

RMS Regular
Yea £400 seems very cheap, when I owned my 182 people generally said £700ish.

@mi16chris does them and from memory hes not too hard paid.

stuartyvilla

RMS Regular
Drives
182/ 208 GTI
I also have to go with using @Eddie_ , although I didnt use them for my timing belt as I dint know about the deals they had at the time but knowing how well he looked after my car now after using Ards for servicing etc he would be my first stop.

300trophy

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
Thanks for the mention guys.

For us to supply the Renault parts (timing belt kit, accessory belt kit and dephaser pulley) including labour is £650 inc VAT. Without the dephaser pulley the cost would be £429 inc VAT. Bare in mind that the parts alone make up most of the bill I believe this is a reasonable price.

For any of the 197/200 owners who have messaged me reference a timing belt we can do it for £409 inc VAT.

If anyone requires a price for water pump on top of this let me know. We don't usually change dephaser pulley with the 197/200 unless the owner specifies but most 172/182 owners request it be changed.

zafturbo

RMS Regular
any good independent garage that could do a proper job on a timing belt service and dephaser etc on a Clio 182? I hear they are tricky and also that not just as handy and hard to time
Thanks
Is greenisland to far,ex renault mech and good lad also.

zafturbo

RMS Regular
Rab? Did the timing belt on my wee Clio run about there and did the hub bearings on my Megane R26 - a job that a lot won't do....
Yes it is,works with a fiend .
Not overly, none the above are closer than that
ok have his number if u need it.good mechanic and had to strip the loom out of my car there and not hard to pay which helps .

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.