insurance address

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Brendan

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus 16v ZeTak
A friend of mine asked me if he could use my address for his taxi insurance.......

Are there/ would there be any downsides to this - To my house

I.e is it illegal??

What can happen etc....(y)

Thanks brendy

andy_gdon

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi Polo
Yes its illegal as your mate doesnt live with you!!!

if the car is nicked or burnt out at his place then the insurance company will wipe their hands clean of it!!

Abit like insuring a car as a 1.2 when you have a 2ltr turbo under the hood!

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Tell him to fook aff, you could get in serious trouble for that if anything went wrong and someone made a claim. He shouldn't be so daft to even ask you anyway, as someone made a claim against him and the assessor found out your house wasn't his actual residence, the insurance company won't pay out other than 3rd party.

Crazy idea mate, and really pisses me off people like that. Why should we all be honest about our insurance and pay silly money, when you have sneaky feckers like that who are being deceiptful just to save a few bucks.

pablo

RMS Moderator
I know a lad done this - he lived in the south but got it insured at his mates just over the border.

cops came to deliver a speeding ticket but being badit country they arrived by army helicopter into his mates garden!!!!!! His mates ma keeked herself!

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
Drives
S2000
I thought the car only had to be parked at your house of residents at least 4 nights of the week. My mate at tech last year had a house in belfast but his insurance was in his mums name who lived in Enniskillen.

Brendan

RMS Regular
OP
Brendan
Drives
Focus 16v ZeTak
I think its a different story here though......

as your friend is more than likley insured as a second driver on his mums policy.....

But my friend doesnt live with me and we are not related.....

Told him to BREEZE,.......... anyhows

B A Baracus

RMS Regular
Drives
Fergie TVO
pablo said:
I know a lad done this - he lived in the south but got it insured at his mates just over the border.

cops came to deliver a speeding ticket but being badit country they arrived by army helicopter into his mates garden!!!!!! His mates ma keeked herself!

Lucky it wasnt Bandit country!!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.