Insurance Question

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Tony@Greenlight

RMS Trader
Drives
Mini Cooper S Wk
Hi Pablo,

Insurance is based upon correct disclosure of material information and declaring something incorrectly to simply fit a scheme isnt something you should entertain, as if details are found to be incorrect at the time of a claim & the insurer could prove that this was beyond their remit (scheme criteria) they could avoid paying a claim.

We prefer to have our client in the best position at the time of a claim, so this is not something that we would let our client do.

Plus we offer like for like cover on modifications, which means the correct modifications would have to be declared from the off for the correct cover to apply.

Lisa is going about this the right way, giving us plenty of time to get involved. Which is likely to mean that QBE will be in place for when she needs cover. Failing this i'll try to do something on a bespoke basis with LV/Highway.

Kind regards

Tony

pablo

RMS Moderator
Hi Pablo,

Insurance is based upon correct disclosure of material information and declaring something incorrectly to simply fit a scheme isnt something you should entertain, as if details are found to be incorrect at the time of a claim & the insurer could prove that this was beyond their remit (scheme criteria) they could avoid paying a claim.

We prefer to have our client in the best position at the time of a claim, so this is not something that we would let our client do.

Plus we offer like for like cover on modifications, which means the correct modifications would have to be declared from the off for the correct cover to apply.

Lisa is going about this the right way, giving us plenty of time to get involved. Which is likely to mean that QBE will be in place for when she needs cover. Failing this i'll try to do something on a bespoke basis with LV/Highway.

Kind regards

Tony

No probs, if it was being done soon anyway I wasnt sure if it would pose a problem. Obviously having a remap and NOT declaring it is a different matter but thought it may be ok going the other way.

Tony@Greenlight

RMS Trader
Drives
Mini Cooper S Wk
Sorry Smyth,

The lack of ABS was a real issue to us over three consecutive years with the 172 Cup model, which resulted in poor claims performance caused mainly by hitting third parties in the rear, or swerving to avoid incidents of that nature and leaving the carriageway.

We stuck with it for 3 years, but the statistics for 172 cup models were unsustainable.

Kind regards

Tony

now you just need to start insuring Cup models :grinning:

Pumesta

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus_ST_3
Really? That's strange, I was in with them on Tuesday, they said they couldn't get any quotes on their system for a lowered car, but I took them in my written quotation from Flux, which they faxed to Highway and then offered me a better premium than Flux had.

Flux are only a broker, the quote they gave you was most likely with Highway. The problem is most insurance brokers don't have a clue about modified cars, and can't be bothered putting the extra work in that is involved in getting you a quote. Once went into Hughes for a quote on the Pumesta, and was told that there was only one company that might provide a quote, but it would be well over £1000 I asked them to get it for me. The girl almost pooed her pants at this and said she would have to do it from the back office. She didn't take any details other than the car had a puma engine fitted, and dissapred for ten minutes and returned smelling of cigrettes and said they wouldn't quote me.

polotdi

RMS Regular
OP
polotdi
Drives
VW Tiguan
cheers Pumesta. Nice there! Hughes didn't even understand what I was talking about when I said about the springs. The woman asked what they were and what it meant. but anyway hopefully I'll get sorted (y)

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
try todds i think they are i hear people talking about them. ill hunt for a number here

Telephone: 028 8224 5333

B A Baracus

RMS Regular
Drives
Fergie TVO
My insurance is up tomorrow, about £60 more than last year. I tried to get them down a few quid but the fella on the phone wasn't having it. Even tried the "Ive been a customer for 9 years" speech.

I noticed they now offer Homestart and 24hour breakdown cover for free though...

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.