IOM TT 16

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

ilovequo

RMS Regular
Reading though old TT mags last night and came across the pic below...
image.jpg

Never seen the track scaled against the NW before - Massive!
Looking forward to this years racing...
My money would be on a strong showing from M Dunlop after last weekends superbike performance!

dddrrift

RMS Regular
im heading over on the 3rd with @w.reid306 woooooohoooooo! 4th year running so know the layout pretty well now. Cant recommend it enough to anyone that has never been, even if your not into bikes, it will blow your mind!

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
I'm not the biggest bike fan in the world but was over for the senior TT last year, and most definitely going back this year! Nothing compares to it, not even the North West. Such a relaxed atmosphere and everyone there to enjoy themselves, not to mention the racing is great!

genman

G
Never realised how big Dundrod is compared to the NW200. ..no wonder they get some speed up around it.
I'd love to get to the TT but I never seem to get anything organised in time or something crops up that would have prevented me going anyway.

ilovequo

RMS Regular
OP
ilovequo
That's Gorgeous!
Hope they get time to test/tweak her properly - would love to see Bruce win on it!

fabiostar

RMS Regular
Drives
its a race iv never got to. every time iv planned to go over the years iv blew a bike up. lost the books, been sick,got married or other such crap so iv kinda gave up..would like to try the classic TT sometime.

Cess

RMS Staff
After practice last night, Michael Dunlop fastest on the superbike and the superstock machine. Lee Johnston fastest in supersport. Go on, the NI boys

Ryan L

RMS Regular
Drives
SV650 minitwin
The radio commentators were saying Bruce may have been sandbagging with his practice times on that RC but I hear he had an off and sustained a minor injury to his ankle during practice. Hope he's fit to race this weekend.

Gambit

RMS Regular
I'm not the biggest bike fan in the world but was over for the senior TT last year, and most definitely going back this year! Nothing compares to it, not even the North West. Such a relaxed atmosphere and everyone there to enjoy themselves, not to mention the racing is great!

i totally agree with you, i was lucky enough to enjoy it all when i lived over there for a couple of years - and i still bang on about it to everyone & anyone to get over at least once in your life!

nice wee article on it here Isle of Man TT: 'Everyone's a fan, they just don't know it'

"I don't care who you are, or whether you are into cross-dressing or tiddlywinks - if you go down the bottom of Bray Hill and see the bikes come past, inches from your face at 165mph and don't enjoy it, you're not alive."

bottom of bray hill is the only place i have ever felt hairs on the back of my neck spectating at any motoring event cars or bikes

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
bottom of bray hill is the only place i have ever felt hairs on the back of my neck spectating at any motoring event cars or bikes

Even thinking back to last year the hairs on the back of my neck stand, unreal stuff, I just can't imagine how it is actually possible to do what they do!

Cess

RMS Staff
Hutchinson just smashes the outright TT lap record on his superstock machine

mr_s81

RMS Regular
Drives
FozSTI
Looks like Hutchy and Michael could be in for a few epic battles this week! (y)

Ryan L

RMS Regular
Drives
SV650 minitwin
Well done to Michael but a sad day all the same.

RIP Shoey, will miss seeing the Evel Knievel tassels flying round Dundrod.
Such a character.

genman

G
2 deaths in 1 day certainly takes the shine off MD's win....let's hope that trend of highs and lows doesn't continue.

Cess

RMS Staff
There's always a hollowness when a great win is accompanied by deaths on the same day.

When you see red flag or 'serious incident' flash up on the Twitter feed, there's that period of dread. The not knowing what has happened and the hope that it's not that bad. And you never think it will be someone of the calibre of Shoey.

Thoughts with Paul Shoesmith's family and that of and Dwight Beare.

Last edited:

niallspence

RMS Regular
Drives
ST RS/FN2/GsxR
Did anybody else notice the lack of brake fluid in Hutchy's bike with the on board shots on ITV4 last night? I don't know what the margins are for it working properly but it was well below the minimum level mark. It was filling me full of dread from the safety of my sofa.

BLS

RMS Regular
Drives
bmw
Did anybody else notice the lack of brake fluid in Hutchy's bike with the on board shots on ITV4 last night? I don't know what the margins are for it working properly but it was well below the minimum level mark. It was filling me full of dread from the safety of my sofa.
Yeah seen that too it was like the vanishing lakes one minute full next near empty,them boys were pushing hard hutchy had a big moment,michael Rutgers bike was 230 bhp he said it was pulling his arms off!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.