iX3

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Anyone got an iX3 coming, or tried one yet?

Got a lift in one on Friday night and was very impressed.

48167F44-CC3E-42D5-8C35-AB453F241098.jpeg

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
I like the look of the current shape of X3, especially in M Sport or M guise. Interested to hear people's opinions that hclave tried them.

davyk31

RMS Regular
Wouldn’t say they are gorgeous looking but they are a lot better than the iX, it is truly shocking looking.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
OP
Woodcutter
Wouldn’t say they are gorgeous looking but they are a lot better than the iX, it is truly shocking looking.

There aren’t too many pretty EV’s, in my mind they are more function over form. The new models are M Sport, which is nicer than the Premier Edition launch cars. Don’t look much different than a regular X3 and I really like the look of them.

Taycan would be my first choice but unfortunately the budget doesn’t go that far!😆

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
OP
Woodcutter
Love this thing, didnt want to leave it back.

Pretty sure we are going to order one, but I’m slightly concerned as this is the only EV we have tried so far!

Anyone know what the lead time is on the Hyundai Ionic 5?

0FDD493D-A382-4EE0-9933-2119C6E0C797.jpeg
DD0C71C1-B9E0-473A-8ED1-6EC18FDB6F8B.jpeg
E679F60B-FB3C-4101-9572-DA7302279982.jpeg
092B9C3F-E9FD-4013-AF93-A46283E37908.jpeg

davyk31

RMS Regular
I have read on forums of people ordering Ioniq 5 and expecting delivery Jan or Feb. If thinking Hyundai I would also look at the Kia EV6 as it’s a bit sleeker and sportier looking in the pics.

Would try a few EVs for sure as they can be quite different. We had an electric Mini out yesterday and it was great but I would say not very Ev like compared to my ID.3

Jecks

RMS Regular
Saw an ev6 in coleraine a few weeks back and didn't really like it , which surprised me a lot as I was expecting to love it. I'm yet to see an ioniq 5 in the flesh but I do like them in the pics. Think John mulholland randalstown had a couple in a few ioniq 5's a weeks back

Think there is going to be some serious ev's in the coming years. The tech is endless

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
OP
Woodcutter
Saw an ev6 in coleraine a few weeks back and didn't really like it , which surprised me a lot as I was expecting to love it. I'm yet to see an ioniq 5 in the flesh but I do like them in the pics. Think John mulholland randalstown had a couple in a few ioniq 5's a weeks back

Think there is going to be some serious ev's in the coming years. The tech is endless

EV6 looks a bit awkward, Ionic 5 is awesome looking though. I rang Hyundai last week about them and I’m still waiting for them to call me back.....

Ordered an iX3 anyway and it’s due first week of March.

KevM

RMS Regular
In reality, only a handful of current EV's are workable as a proper flexible daily driver. The rest are just an expensive box-tick for Manufacturers who have pledged to offer greener alternatives. I find that's the same for most Hybrids too!

I dont think you can do EV on the cheap. It seems that to work, it'll be around £40,000

& admittedly, I would count the Ionic 5 as the most confidence-inspiring EV that I have driven to date.

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
MG ZS EV with 68kWh for £28500 wouldn't be bad, if it suited your taste.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
EV6 looks a bit awkward, Ionic 5 is awesome looking though. I rang Hyundai last week about them and I’m still waiting for them to call me back.....

Ordered an iX3 anyway and it’s due first week of March.
Ring Daly's in Belfast. They've shifted a load of IONIQ 5's already.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
OP
Woodcutter
Ring Daly's in Belfast. They've shifted a load of IONIQ 5's already.

I’ve a car ordered now anyway G so it doesn’t matter.

In reality, only a handful of current EV's are workable as a proper flexible daily driver. The rest are just an expensive box-tick for Manufacturers who have pledged to offer greener alternatives. I find that's the same for most Hybrids too!

I dont think you can do EV on the cheap. It seems that to work, it'll be around £40,000

& admittedly, I would count the Ionic 5 as the most confidence-inspiring EV that I have driven to date.

They don’t suit everyone, but the range of the iX3 is more than enough for our needs, and it won’t be the only vehicle in our household in the event that the range isn’t enough for a trip somwhere.

I don’t plan on relying on any public charging points either, I hope to have one fitted at home and at work. But we should only need 1 or possibly two charges a week based on our current mileage.

davyk31

RMS Regular
I have a charger at work so in my 4000 miles I haven’t yet used a public charger which is a good thing as they are unreliable and often busy. Charge a couple of times per week and once or twice needed to top up at home with the granny charger when on holiday but with a bit of planning it’s no issue.

What’s the realistic range on the iX3 Graeme?

davyk31

RMS Regular
That would be pretty decent although except it won’t get that close to the quotes. My ID.3 is officially 260, never more than 200 in summer, now about 180 and likely 160 in the colder times.

The thing I noticed with both a BMW i3 and mini electric we had out was that the range often is a bit pessimistic. You may drive 20 miles but find it drops 15. For the same in the VW the 20 miles at least will come off the range but more likely 25.