Just for fun - wheel colour change

88micm

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M235i
I've been considering a car change recently having had my M235i for near 4 years. When I was buying this in 2019, my limit was below £20k and there was a fair amount of choice available. These days though you are looking up around £25k to £30k for anything I'd swap to.

So I'm now wondering do I just hold on to mine for a while longer and tidy it up a bit. The wheels are all delaminating and it drives me nuts seeing how bad they look, so just for fun I've done a comparison of colour changes with a quick edit on the phone. Thought some others on here might find it a useful thread if they were thinking the same.

Thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_20231024_113007_794~2.jpg
    IMG_20231024_113007_794~2.jpg
    348.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20231024_113215_622~2.jpg
    IMG_20231024_113215_622~2.jpg
    347 KB · Views: 0

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
I am not a gloss black fan but IMO looks best and suits the red and black details

I would refurb them in black again - to keep you interested in it, any tuning done?

88micm

RMS Regular
OP
88micm
Drives
BMW M235i
I am not a gloss black fan but IMO looks best and suits the red and black details

I would refurb them in black again - to keep you interested in it, any tuning done?
Didn't bother with tuning, I was looking at Stage 1 software at one point but don't have the LSD so others on here advised you'd struggle to get power down which was a fair point

roverspeed

RMS Regular
Drives
Insignia
As someone that's had gloss black wheels, you gotta be on top of your tyre dressing game or the tyres look a horrible brown/grey colour.

Is satin bronze an option?

88micm

RMS Regular
OP
88micm
Drives
BMW M235i
As someone that's had gloss black wheels, you gotta be on top of your tyre dressing game or the tyres look a horrible brown/grey colour.

Is satin bronze an option?
Aye, I live out on country roads where the farmers pull half the field out with them this time of year, so the bronze colour was actually sort of an idea for taking the dirt into consideration. As far as I know any finish is possible from gloss to matte and satin might well hide the dirt more