Kirkistown budget aerodeck track car build.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

jayk

RMS Regular
Nice job on the calipers , I'm sure it'll be fun around the track , would recommend you change the manifold to free up some hp. Will keep an eye out for it when we're down .

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Wow, serious work! Enjoy :grinning:

If they don't pass it then something is wrong with them, not your car :p :innocent:

Marc

RMS Moderator
Sat down thinking this will take a while as it did with my vtis but as it turns out it was easier the second time lol.

That colour :cool: they will match the brake lines. #racecar lolView attachment 135042

Fronts got new pistons and seals and rears where new.
View attachment 135043
Front all nice and shiny
View attachment 135044

View attachment 135046
Close enough
View attachment 135047

Hopefully get them all fitted tomorrow and then on to mot.

They will last all of a few sessions that colour if you track it properly :laughing:

hippyross

RMS Regular
OP
hippyross
Nice job on the calipers , I'm sure it'll be fun around the track , would recommend you change the manifold to free up some hp. Will keep an eye out for it when we're down .

Trying to get hold a an s80 or s4c but proving difficult.

Wow, serious work! Enjoy :grinning:

If they don't pass it then something is wrong with them, not your car :p :innocent:
Make a nice job powder coating, thinking of redoing my vtis in another colour than silver.
Hopefully it does pass and we can strip it out and get the bilstines in.

They will last all of a few sessions that colour if you track it properly :laughing:

I think they will be that colour for a while if your know what I mean lol

Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
Bus
Love the colour of the brakes. I think I may be right in saying that a Y21 box fits in also.

hippyross

RMS Regular
OP
hippyross
Love the colour of the brakes. I think I may be right in saying that a Y21 box fits in also.
Cheers the colour was just randomly picked when buying the brake lines.
I think they do same as s4c but they have an open diff.

jayk

RMS Regular
You would Definitely get s80 or s4c from the south on Honda parts Irl on Facebook. I'll keep my eye out for you .

hippyross

RMS Regular
OP
hippyross
You would Definitely get s80 or s4c from the south on Honda parts Irl on Facebook. I'll keep my eye out for you .

Thing is I'd be scared getting it home fitted and finding out it crunches or somthing then it's a trip back down to put it through the window lol

jayk

RMS Regular
Make sure they stand over it . If they're honest and know the box they should do it now bother . But it always a risk .

AndyG

RMS Regular
The powder coating willl stand up to the braking! My powder coated calipers clean back to new everytime but the one caliper that has been painted doesn't.. same goes with the paint around the discs etc, just burns off but powdercoating is fine

Marc

RMS Moderator
The powder coating willl stand up to the braking! My powder coated calipers clean back to new everytime but the one caliper that has been painted doesn't.. same goes with the paint around the discs etc, just burns off but powdercoating is fine

I thought these were painted :oops::oops:

AndyG

RMS Regular
I thought these were painted :oops::oops:
They look painted actually but said in a post they were getting powder coated so I don't know :confounded:

If they're painted they will probably last a couple of warm up laps :cool::cool:

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Normal paint will burn off. High temp enamel paint should be fine. The calipers on both the Lotus and the Audi have been painted and never had a problem.

hippyross

RMS Regular
OP
hippyross
Right so went and fitted calipers on Monday night with the braded hoses and rear brembo discs ( trying to find brembos for the fronts unsuccessfully) turned out to be a balix so no pictures because I didn't want to be there all night.

Anyway had to clean the caliper carriers out with sand paper as they where full of paint grease them and fit new dust seals, which took a while.

And on to fitting no major problems until all the drivers flexi hoses where seized and where going to snap the copper brake lines, so they stayed while the passengers side was easy enough, I'll need to cut and make a new join.

Anyway on to the break bleeding and ended up doing somthing to the master cylinder, dont kbow what happend I had a helper and I think the master cylinder ran dry and done somthing with the seals, I sourced a replacement that night, hopefully get that sorted on Monday night.

Actually had one pic.
DSC_1065.JPG

Also picked up some red tenzo r bucket seats for £120, like the dc2 recaros but not lol will hold better and be lighter that the original seats.

And the best bit yet an s80 4.4 short ratio gearbox with new input bearing top bearing and third and fifth synchro.

More pictures next time I promise :laughing:
Sometime you just don't have the time.

hippyross

RMS Regular
OP
hippyross
Quick update.
The s80 box ended up crunching into forth so got a s4c same thing really.
The fella gave us £50 towards fixing it and the synchros I'll get this fixed and put it in my vtis.

So the new gearbox is in with an itr clutch all working goes really well for standard engine.
Also got it through mot and fitted the bilstines and striped the boot out while I was there.

Set of 16" 98spec reps on too for road driving.
received_1453177051413785.jpeg

It's pretty low and stiff should be even lower with the 15" track wheels.

Next on the list is a buff and possibly graphics, skunk intake, ek9 TB and 2.5" manifold and exhaust to match should go well.

sam_9n

RMS Regular
This is awesome! I hope to have a wee cheap track car next year, possibly a Honda or Clio 172/182.

MarcVtec

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda Integra Ty
I'm jealous as ****. Had one with an 18c in it years ago. Loved that car. Looking forward to the track videos! Get an mg Zs 180 rear ARB. Really helps the handling.

hippyross

RMS Regular
OP
hippyross
Heading out in April?
Can't see it mate ive planed to get drunk on Saturday with a mate that has been long overdue lol definitely next month and maybe the intake etc will be on.

Looks class Les, I love the race tires!!!
Cheers Jonny

This is awesome! I hope to have a wee cheap track car next year, possibly a Honda or Clio 172/182.
Cheers a clio would be a good job, we chose this because it was cheap and I know them and where to get parts and it different.

Needs a K20.....
Would be some job but the is getting done as cheap as possible.

I'm jealous as ****. Had one with an 18c in it years ago. Loved that car. Looking forward to the track videos! Get an mg Zs 180 rear ARB. Really helps the handling.
There is an itr one to go on but I've not looked into it to see if it actually fits.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.