Lanes/Targa Rallies

DavyC

RMS Regular
Gotten very quiet on this thread the past while.

MADMC done a super job organising that one. Was a shame to miss a couple of tests due to the snow but not much the club can do about that. 2nd car off the line and into the snow on 1/2 worn tyres was soul destroying too. lol. Fair play to all who stood out in the cold all the same! All the tests were super and we'd rather have 15 good, long tests like that to get settled into than a load of 20 odd second ones. We were glad the start of the last test was brought forward too, away from 'our wee spot'.

Was annoyed at myself for a few stupid mistakes that cost a few places but hey ho.

Well done @Liam Shaw on the class win!

PeteMoore

RMS Regular
Genuinely did not expect this result

IMG_20161227_202139.jpg

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Exactly. Super job done to prep that wee car in such a short time and to such great effect. You both have a lot to be proud of and to take the 70th anniversary trophy is extra special.
(y)(y)(y)

FAKER

RMS Regular
Drives
loadsa stuff
Anyone mentioned this circuit of ulster targa rally yet!

Looks amazing if they can pull it off.

I'll be there

FAKER

RMS Regular
Drives
loadsa stuff
Circuit of Ulster

Attachments

• 15775121_1021193427980377_1605629627488434924_o.jpg
    15775121_1021193427980377_1605629627488434924_o.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 90

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Yes, looks great, planning to enter too. I'm sure it'll be very popular.

glynnnova

RMS Regular
Drives
R33 GTST, S2000
I'm looking to get started in this, what's the story with competing, any need for special safety equipment like a roll cage? Do I need to join a motorsport club? Was thinking something like a cheap mr2 or the likes.
Cheers

Liam Shaw

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Caddy/MX5
Well theres no requirement for a roll cage/bar but that doesn't mean its not needed. Helmets/suits aren't aloud for some reason. You and your navigator will need to joint every club that is running any event you do. Averages out about a tenner each or so per event. Cheap and chearful's the way to go

FAKER

RMS Regular
Drives
loadsa stuff
Motor club is a must. Safety equipment... warning triangle and a spill kit. That's the bare minimum needed. Obviously a cage or half cage and harnesses would be ideal, but not required. Targa rules, get some of the more versed on here to explain the finer details of classes and engine restrictions. Sidedraught carbs are a no no.

swansty

RMS Regular
Drives
Disco and Saxo
@glynnnova get yourself over to Msa.org.uk and go to the online version of the blue book and find the regs on targa rallies. In terms of car, the main stipulations are 2wd, 4cyl and normally aspirated. The anicc website will have a list of all events and entry forms/specific event regulations will be available to download from there once they are released. Hope this helps

swansty

RMS Regular
Drives
Disco and Saxo
@PeteMoore your "tootling around" was great to watch yesterday. Hope I didn't cause you a problem in the farm test...I never thought for one minute they would send that previous car back wrong direction through the test...

PeteMoore

RMS Regular
@PeteMoore your "tootling around" was great to watch yesterday. Hope I didn't cause you a problem in the farm test...I never thought for one minute they would send that previous car back wrong direction through the test...

We know it had nothing to do with you. We heard the same radio messages you did and they allowed you to count us in.

Luckily Ian in the Mini heard us coming and shot up the ramp out of the way - we never even saw him, i think he shat himself though.

Good to see you again dude and thank you for braving the cold all day to allow us to play.