Active Deal Lidl DIY /Tool Deals

cormac81

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI, VRS, Superb
Seen this on offer in Lidl last week in Donegal, and it had notes beside many of the attachments saying that it needed a bigger capacity tank on the compressor that was on offer.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Not a hope would that compressor run the sander or anything that needs to go continuously as already said.

Air sander use a huge amount of air.

The wee compressor would be perfect for a garage at the house just to use a nut gun with, in flat tyres or use a blow gun briefly. Could even spray small/medium sized things no bother

Reactions: dub

greyfloppyhat

RMS Regular
@greyfloppyhat was going to suggest you get the "hot air blower", but then remembered you can do that job already
com.gif

gizmo98

RMS Regular
Drives
Vrs Octavia
Got the wee blow heater for the shed
Takes it a wee while to get up and going but decent enough job for £40

I'm sitting in the shed now toasting my balls in front off it :oops:

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
I bought the tap and die set a few years ago and this one still looks identical. Does the job okay but the die holder is a bit iffy with the die not really staying tight when in use. And they aren't split dies so you can't adjust the fit, but for money you can't complain.

greyfloppyhat

RMS Regular
got the tap and die set and very impressed with it so far, for the price you can't go wrong.

Surprise surprise all the drills had been cleared :worried:

Tam9n

RMS Regular
Drives
Polo 9n3 GTi
Might have to pick up one of those wee heaters too, looks a decent job for £40!

richiemucker

RMS Regular
Drives
E220
The work trousers they advertise go quick. Was in yesterday morning and all they had left was waist 42, 44 and 48. Jesus.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Few 36 inch work trousers in Enniskillen, most are 38 inch and above tho, and lying everywhere.

I got a the drill stand, fire extinguisher (don't laugh) and a fleece.

Chris0

RMS Regular
OP
Chris0
Does anyone remember how much the accessories for the park side compressor was?

Uncle bought one of the tyre pressure gauges and didn't realise you needed a compressor...

Chris0

RMS Regular
OP
Chris0
Hmm.. what? Are you serious? lol
I'm going to stick it on ebay for him just wanted to know how much it cost.

100% serious he opened it up thought it looked small then realised it connects upto something. He was going to give me it until I told him I don't have a compressor which he then realised it connects up to. Had a few laughs at him that day lol

jshek007

RMS Regular
Drives
F30 335,FN2, R56
So did anyone actually buy that compressor etc? would actually like one around the house for small jobs. Whats it like?

rupertfinch

RMS Regular
For 80 quid, how bad/good could it be. Though a 25l tank makes it a real tiddler.

And then you go onto the sgsengineering site and see what excitement you can get for a delivery charge of £20.