loosing my ncb to a fictitious claim!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

noLUCKcivic

RMS Regular
Drives
My Finger
I'll keep this as simple as possible, about 5 months ago a car rolled backwards into me at a junction causing zero damage to either car, we didn't exchange details as no damage occurred, few weeks later in being claimed off for running into the back of someone! I give statement of what happened my car is assessed showing no damage but my insurance is paying other party and my insurance has more than doubled??? I'm not happy! My insurance has taken his word over mine there is zero damage to either car yet this person is claiming personal injury as well as damage to his car! Also the type of car (Mercedes) does not match the car that rolled into me? Where do I stand as my insurance company wants to settle and make me pay

noLUCKcivic

RMS Regular
OP
noLUCKcivic
Drives
My Finger
Also they are claiming there is dash camera footage proving I ran into him? On my life I swear I didn't I'm really annoyed about this and im extremely stressed out I cant afford to pay my car insurance, this guy is claiming personal injury for something that was his own doing and im having to pay for it, actually ni we all are! How can I make my insurance fight this scumbag!

Wild Thing

RMS Regular
Was told of a case a few days ago of same style of thing, no damage and sued, went to court, guy landed in on crutches, no police were involved, so injured party said the other person fled scene of accident. Judge made an example of innocent party, big fine and now a civil case as well. Our legal and insurance system really is poor. Principle says fight it but our system maybe dictates suck it up

VEN©M

RMS Regular
Drives
2011 Camaro SS
suck it up is not an option. get a solicitor on to the case immediately. Request a copy of the dashcam footage. There is no reason why your insurance company would take the other parties word over yours unless there was tangible evidence. if they thought for one second their insured was not at fault, they wouldn't pay out. i have first hand experience of just how far an insurance company is willing to go to avoid paying out, so this makes no sense. Get a solicitor.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Are they paying or not? If a claim was put in 4 odd months ago, and at that time agreed it was a valid claim then you'd expect it to be settled and all - they wouldn't be chatting about settling or not. Unless of course it's not as clear cut as your insurance is making out and they're simply waiting for you to admit liability. I'd fight it and ask for the evidence. I imagine it would be fairly difficult to determine what happened with a front facing dash cam.

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
Are they paying or not? If a claim was put in 4 odd months ago, and at that time agreed it was a valid claim then you'd expect it to be settled and all - they wouldn't be chatting about settling or not. Unless of course it's not as clear cut as your insurance is making out and they're simply waiting for you to admit liability. I'd fight it and ask for the evidence. I imagine it would be fairly difficult to determine what happened with a front facing dash cam.

What's To say they haven't fabricated another incident showing a shunt from behind tho setting date and time on the camerA and another party actually giving them a nudge

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
It's a very unfortunate situation but without some kind of footage as proof, you're goosed I'm afraid. My Mum was at a junction a few years ago and the same thing happened, 2 women in a car in front of her reversed back into her and then claimed. Mum would be a very honest person and has held her hands up before if things were her fault but she was always 110% adamant that she never drove into them, unfortunately the benefit of the doubt in cases like this will go to the people who claim they were driven into.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
What's To say they haven't fabricated another incident showing a shunt from behind tho setting date and time on the camerA and another party actually giving them a nudge

Slim chance of that happening tbh.

But that's my point. If it was clear cut the insurance would have paid out and wouldn't be asking the OP any questions.

Perhaps the claimers have a merc that's had the rear end smacked in a carpark or something and that's why they're claiming has been damaged? Get the merc repaired and get a claim in.

Did you take photos at the scene? That would probably clear a lot up.

PeteMoore

RMS Regular
Seems all too common

A friends missus had someone swipe the front bumper off her car at a junction - they claimed she drove into the side of them - £17k in personal injury claims paid out to the people who had no concept of how to judge the size of their car.

More recently, a translink bus drove into the side of a mates car, he was parked, handbrake on, they barely touched, and the pink paint from the bus polished off leaving no marks - a week later, personal injury claims in from the bus driver - ******* scumbags.

Just more reason to stay the feck away from towns altogether, it's a mad mentality coming from growing up in the sticks where everyone would rally round you to get you out of a hedge or back onto your wheels, etc.

impact

RMS Regular
Drives
GT86
The insurance companies will be fairly pragmatic in most cases, they will not take something to court if they know they can't win. Unfortunately if it is one word against the other, no witnesses and no evidence and no way of proving someone is lying in court means even at best it will be split 50:50 but the fact they went to court means that paying 50% + fees is more than if they had paid 100% out of court.

In cases where they do have a decent case and it does get escalated to court it will be just gamesmanship and likely be settled on the doorstep without running the case thru the court anyhow.

If an injured party goes to court, the insurance company will always end up paying out even if it was 99% the injured parties fault, that 1% still leaves the insurance company on the hook. No matter who has fabricated what if they have a doctors report to say they are injured no one in court can turn around and say no they are not. Benefit of doubt will always go to the injured party.

So basically as said it sucks if you come up against someone who is prepared to lie as no one else can prove otherwise. Getting to the stage where you really have to protect yourself with a dash cam.

PeteMoore

RMS Regular
The more i hear/read about this, it appears to be a win win revenue stream, go reverse your car into something and just start taking registrations down for the craic and see who pays out. Certainly doesn't seem to be any come back

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
The first and only time I went through a hedge the farmer pulled me out of the upside down car and once I'd regained consciousness demanded cash or he wouldn't let me or the car go. Emergency services arrived and took me to hospital just as he was attempting to load me bloodied and battered into his defender to take me to the ATM. A couple of days later a mate of mine and I fixed the broken fence and gave the man money for the inconvenience of it all and to say sorry. Brought him and mrs farmer gifts and were very apologetic about it all. Even after all that he still had a face on him like a wet weekend and grumbled something about seeing me again and giving me a good boot up the hole lol

PeteMoore

RMS Regular
The first and only time I went through a hedge the farmer pulled me out of the upside down car and once I'd regained consciousness demanded cash or he wouldn't let me or the car go. Emergency services arrived and took me to hospital just as he was attempting to load me bloodied and battered into his defender to take me to the ATM. A couple of days later a mate of mine and I fixed the broken fence and gave the man money for the inconvenience of it all and to say sorry. Brought him and mrs farmer gifts and were very apologetic about it all. Even after all that he still had a face on him like a wet weekend and grumbled something about seeing me again and giving me a good boot up the hole lol

We spent most of our youth trying to get bundled up and away to feck before the farmer even stirred in his bed :p

When i wrote off the van nearly 4 years ago it ended up being 5 or 6 cars in total (me being the third one on scene) and not a single injury claim made and it wasn't a wee fender bender, it was a plane crash.

impact

RMS Regular
Drives
GT86

He sounded a bit brutal and uncalled for, however I know with a lot of farmers they have reached the point where they are thoroughly hacked off with people who take out a fence and then just scarper without as much as an apology never mind them offering to pay for it. Leaves them with a bill for in many cases a few hundred £ plus giving up their plans for the day to go and fix the damage. Add to that if any of the livestock escaped and caused an accident they are on the hook big time if there is a serious accident.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
He sounded a bit brutal and uncalled for, however I know with a lot of farmers they have reached the point where they are thoroughly hacked off with people who take out a fence and then just scarper without as much as an apology never mind them offering to pay for it. Leaves them with a bill for in many cases a few hundred £ plus giving up their plans for the day to go and fix the damage. Add to that if any of the livestock escaped and caused an accident they are on the hook big time if there is a serious accident.

Oh aye I fully understand why he would be pee'd off

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
You would think the police and insurance ombudsman would be throwing themselves at fraudulent cases like this. Surely they'd love to be catching real criminals like that ?

Also contact the media, as you can be sure you arent the only one being scammed like this, and often publicity is what the authorities etc need to give them a kick up the backside to actually do something about the crimes. I know...it's a bizarre thought that they might want to tackle crime...but you got to try.

Presumably you also have the scumbags details ? names, addresses, car type/reg etc ?

PhilM

RMS Regular
Weed killer garden

Knife tires

Smash windows

Burn bins

Sign them for the worlds junk mail.

Are all things you may enjoy but I wouldn't advise.

Phil

Odhran

RMS Regular
Drives
A5 Sportback
Weed killer garden

Knife tires

Smash windows

Burn bins

Sign them for the worlds junk mail.

Are all things you may enjoy but I wouldn't advise.

Phil

I've always wanted to get a back pack sprayer loaded up with RoundUp and go to town on a large area of grass. Writing something stupid or drawing a big knob or something. \end of random musing.

NotKG

Banned
CRASH Services?
based down at the knee breakers by any chance ? :laughing:
just put up 2nd camera in the rear, i'm covering my ass now too. just incase.
need 2 now to run live out the side windows when in the shopping centre. ^o) welt heads with trolleys.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Is it possible your car has been cloned?

All it takes is a set of number plates...really isnt difficult. So very possible with the amount of scammers out there. Although with a few dodgy witness statements, they probably dont even need to clone, they just need to make the accusation. And lets face it, most people may not remember where they were, and could almost certainly struggle to prove they didnt have an accident !

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.