Lost NCB :(

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

ciarandeery1

RMS Regular
Drives
205 gti
Anybody work for insurance company? My NCB is lost now because I haven't had personal insurance in over 3 years. Which companies accept NCB in the form of driving through work with social use? I've been on our work policy 7 or 8 years now...

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Most will take into account driving history without claims. The comparison websites even ask about it. I was in the same boat 10 years ago, i's still nowhere near as good as a proper no claims discount though.

ciarandeery1

RMS Regular
OP
ciarandeery1
Drives
205 gti
Most will take into account driving history without claims. The comparison websites even ask about it. I was in the same boat 10 years ago, i's still nowhere near as good as a proper no claims discount though.
Mines expired march 14. I had 5 not massive but makes some difference pricing insurance now

ciarandeery1

RMS Regular
OP
ciarandeery1
Drives
205 gti

simy

RMS Regular
I was in the same boat a couple of months back, phone some of the local brokers and explain your situation. As long as you have some driving history in the last 5 years and can back it up you should be ok. Be prepared to take a hit though.

ciarandeery1

RMS Regular
OP
ciarandeery1
Drives
205 gti
Adrian flux 700 dabs on a 306 rallye. Il live with that as it's as good as il get

BobSpounge

RMS Regular
As said Allianz does it. I drove company cars for 10 years and they allowed for it with a letter from my employer and their insurance companies details. I got full NCB.

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
I had this issue after sacking my trade policy and tried getting basic cover on a mk4 tdi golf. 11 years clear of any issues at all. Turned into a fingering session
In end my company Autoline did get me cover by someone that would take into account my history. Funny thing was
If I just accepted the ncb was gone and start at zero the policy was say 400 quid
If I took them up on offer of awarding me 5 years ncb that would then mean come renewal I would have 6 years ncb, which is better option in long run, they wanted 500 quid lol

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.