Lurgan Park Rally

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

cormac81

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI, VRS, Superb
The Lurgan Park Rally is on this Saturday, 2nd July.

upload_2016-6-28_19-10-0.png

Entry is £15 which is quite steep in my eyes but theres a groupon offer at the moment bringing it to £10 for those interested

One Adult or Family Ticket to Lurgan Park Rally (Up to 40% Off)

I live near the park so I'm aiming to bringing the wee fella to his first rally, ear defenders bought and all :grinning:

Reactions: Ben

cormac81

RMS Regular
OP
cormac81
Drives
GTI, VRS, Superb
Think it might have been £15 the past few years but haven't been in a while.

Reactions: Ben

davecoupe

RMS Photographer
Drives
S14a/vRS/Jetta
I've been to Cairncastle last week and the Donegal Rally the weekend before.....I could roam where I wanted, and got to do it for free

My last experience of Lurgan Park a few years ago was just being penned into terrible viewing areas. To pay £15 for that is pretty steep imo.

cormac81

RMS Regular
OP
cormac81
Drives
GTI, VRS, Superb
I've been to Cairncastle last week and the Donegal Rally the weekend before.....I could roam where I wanted, and got to do it for free

My last experience of Lurgan Park a few years ago was just being penned into terrible viewing areas. To pay £15 for that is pretty steep imo.

Yeah the paying in has always been a bug bearer, the only other time I have had to pay to spectate has been at Rally Germany.

Reno_LV

RMS Photographer
Drives
Honda S2000
Sadly clashes with Catslewellan so I am out for a few reasons!

Cess

RMS Staff
The entrance fee is fine. In order to run high level motorsport events, income needs to be generated. However, the positioning of the barriers over the last 3 or so years have meant spectating is not much fun.

Blackie

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 520d SE
I was supposed to be marshalling at it but circumstances at home have changed meaning I can't, I'm going to try to get the family out to watch it though, depending on how the wee wifey feels that day.

chrisd1

RMS Regular
Drives
AE86 / EF Civic
Haven't been in recent years mainly due to the rediculous concrete barriers now placed in it, doubt i'll be back anytime soon either!

Shame as it's a brilliant event and alot of great memories, but don't see much point bringing the kids to it now for viewing, compared to other rallies

Blackie

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 520d SE
To be fair I think it's one of the better rallies to go to for children viewing. But that's just my opinion.

407_hdi

RMS Regular
Drives
E-Class / Z4
I'm running a sector again this year and we are really, really short on marshals. If anyone would like to help out it would be greatly appreciated, you'll get in for free, park for free and get into the thick of the action. As far as I know there's a bacon bap in it for breakfast too.

Thanks

Liam Shaw

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Caddy/MX5
I'm running a sector again this year and we are really, really short on marshals. If anyone would like to help out it would be greatly appreciated, you'll get in for free, park for free and get into the thick of the action. As far as I know there's a bacon bap in it for breakfast too.

Thanks
Definately weren't short of marshalls on the day. There was about 10 at one of the crossings. Think they've took specator safety a bit too far in the park (and thats coming from a marshall btw). Crouds aren't what they were

407_hdi

RMS Regular
Drives
E-Class / Z4
Definately weren't short of marshalls on the day. There was about 10 at one of the crossings. Think they've took specator safety a bit too far in the park (and thats coming from a marshall btw). Crouds aren't what they were
You're 100% correct, crowd on the day was very disappointing. The safety officers dictate the number of marshals needed though, based I suppose on a full park and full competitor entry, neither happened. Still it was a good day, what sector were you on Liam?

Liam Shaw

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Caddy/MX5
Wasn't actually marshalling on the day just have done a lot of marshalling in general

cormac81

RMS Regular
OP
cormac81
Drives
GTI, VRS, Superb
I vowed not to be back again after the ones on the gate accused me of trying a fast one. Totally unfounded and didn't apologise. I only went to bring the young fella as it's pram friendly and not far from me. Only proper rallys from now on.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.