Man buys Honda F1 Car for £37,000....

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

CarbonKa

RMS Regular
Drives
potential moneyp
what about a 1.6 turbo, ala 2012 rules..... should be able to get one from a Fiesta RS Turbo :p

Paul RS

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
Reading the first few pages i'd say there isn't an engine in it.

VDub2008

RMS Regular
There's an old twin turbo F1 engine sitting in Queens.... I say we nick it and sell it to him for a wee profit lol

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Is it actually a car, and not just one of the mock-ups they use for shows and stuff?

Sounds a bit odd just putting in a huge bid, not waiting to see what others bid first...

Paul RS

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
He says its a proper car that had the engine removed to make into a simulator?

CarbonKa

RMS Regular
Drives
potential moneyp
Actually.... wheels aren't too bad. £39 each on ebay.... i was gonna buy one and make a coffee table out of one over chrimbo!!

i've only glanced at the other thread, but it says there's no steering wheel either..... £20k's worth, and activates damn near everything on the car....

pablo

RMS Moderator
There wasn't an engine in it and there still isn't.. He only done the viper one for a laugh. Seriously

yamaharaptorturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
yamaharaptorturb
There wasn't an engine in it and there still isn't.. He only done the viper one for a laugh. Seriously

lol, sometimes its hard to convey things in text! . in the photograph shown it looks like there is an engine in it .... mock up or not ..... IT LOOKS LIKE THERE IS AN ENGINE IN IT.
thats why i was confused when people said there wasnt because IN THAT PHOTOGRAPH i swear i could see what looked like an engine...... AND THERE WAS.... lol

yamaharaptorturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
yamaharaptorturb
There's an engine set ontop of the chassis, but its not fitted. Its there for a laugh.

yeah i realise that after having a gander at the rest of the thread.
pulse jet engine ftw lol

cumupthebum derv haaaa!!, ill have you know my dodge is so masculine its almost villagepeople builder masculine:oops:
;)

Paul RS

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
I just knew you'd have a high vis and helmet stashed away in it somewhere! teeeeheeeeee

spingay.gif

:party::party::party::party:

Gaza_r

RMS Regular
OP
Gaza_r
Drives
Focus TDCI
Bump

Not sure if anyone's been following this, but the car is 90% complete (y) and is due to run at Castle Combe in the Castle Combe Formula MonoLibre Series.

The car will be running a three-litre 500bhp Harley V8 engine and Hewland box.

He ended up sending an email to Craig Armstrong (from About ScarbsF1 Scarbsf1's Blog) who put the owner in touch with some of the Ex-Honda Aguri staff and the project took off...

Chris Mac

RMS Regular
Drives
MK8 GTi CS
They sell the x F1 cars a fair bit, I was around a Ferrari F1 car not so long ago, it had everything bar the engine, but it still had the steering wheel etc...

Taz007

RMS Regular
Drives
E92
that would be immense if it was road legal. cool purchase tho

paddyvw

RMS Regular
Drives
e30 m3/vw polo
i have a a psare 1.6td out of a golf it he stuck to get it moving!!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.