Megane has had a big off at the ring.. aftermath (Driver ok)

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

adam1942

RMS Regular
Drives
2015 F56

musta been some wack.... thankfully it says the driver is ok... hope they had some type of insurance... apparently closed the track and everyone had to go backwards to the start again...

Marc

RMS Moderator
That's gonna hurt!! Glad to hear they are ok, is love to know what makes Megane's fly...

Anyone see the recent one of the rental M3 (e92) thump a TT and another M3, cost him €35k excess and €10k track damage

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
That's gonna hurt!! Glad to hear they are ok, is love to know what makes Megane's fly...

Combination of being a popular choice as well as great handling and great pace - so when they do lose control they are nearly always absolutely flying. Must trawl the usual sources to see if anyone caught the actual accident.

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
Combination of being a popular choice as well as great handling and great pace - so when they do lose control they are nearly always absolutely flying. Must trawl the usual sources to see if anyone caught the actual accident.
I had a quick look on Youtube , think there's an in-car of the aftermath but none of it happening.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D

Anyone see the recent one of the rental M3 (e92) thump a TT and another M3, cost him €35k excess and €10k track damage

This? (Fast forward to 6.20)

Looks like it was already closed ahead.

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
That's the one! Yellow flagged and your supposed to slow down until you get past the next flag and it's not displayed.

Not having a chance to review the whole video in detail - was there a yellow flag/warning lights before the carousel?

what were those 2 dicks doing stamping on the brakes? they had loads of room to stop

You have to slow right down for the flags. Its just the speeds involved at the place can sometimes be significant - plenty of 100+mph corners you are nipping round fairly blind, and the flags can be life savers. All it takes is a slight lack of concentration, which could happen to anyone, and you are in trouble.

I think the figures quoted are the maximum fines possible for the car/track. I'm sure it was much less, but I'm also fairly sure it still was a nasty bill!

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
The above examples are the reason why I have absolutely no interest in driving round it anyway!
While looking for footage of the actual crash i watch a few compilations of accidents on the track. Quite alot of them out of nothing it would seem , in the wet fair enough. But i would have no desire to take my own car out that's for sure

Marc

RMS Moderator
While looking for footage of the actual crash i watch a few compilations of accidents on the track. Quite alot of them out of nothing it would seem , in the wet fair enough. But i would have no desire to take my own car out that's for sure

Its the most greasy place to drive in the wet, last year I had a few wet laps with small amounts of mist, and it was a different place than dry parts of the track, and thats another thing, certain parts will be dry and super grippy, but one/two corners later it can be like an ice rink with a little standing water.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.