Megane.. KEY CARD NOT DETECTED.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Paddy H

Banned
Drives
Accord Executive
Got in to the car and put the key in... got the KEY CARD NOT DETECTED.

Initialy it was just the bleeper part that didnt work so i just didnt bother locking the car. (i have lost my spare)

Got in this afternoon and it said CARD NOT DETECTED... I thought to my self 'is that right well ill see about that!!!'

Ok so this isnt how you should split your key (should be heated and then a dremal used with a fine blade to split the plastic weld) but i had the red mist up as i was late to pick up my bro. I have another two ordered through Boomerang that are due anyday now so not really a worry.

SNC12643.jpg

Turns out the RFID transmition coil had come away from the board...

So out came the soldering iron to make the repair... I also gave the whole PCB a blast with a heat gun to reflow any other components and now even the beeper part works.. Result!!!

Im just going to buy a new casing and put the PCB into that.

Why o why do they not have normal keys.

Paddy H

Banned
OP
P
Drives
Accord Executive
I must say I’m very fond of my Megane.. She never gives me a problem only a challenge!!!

Paddy H

Banned
OP
P
Drives
Accord Executive
Yea can't understand why folk complain about 'French' electronics when the whole loom and computers are made by Siemens who are German. In fact the Sirius 32 ECU and loom is in as many WV / Audi / Nissan / BMW as it is Renault's.

Paddy H

Banned
OP
P
Drives
Accord Executive
Of course! and is now fully working as to just starting the car! :laughing:

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well
are you not trying to code your own?
maybe made a ball's up have you :p
also it doesn't need to go into the slot your's is hand's free ?

Paddy H

Banned
OP
P
Drives
Accord Executive
In its current condition it will be stored in the slot!

Yea have the Renault Vin to Pin Algorithm but i still need to find someone that has access to the RFID programmer. When i find one, no Renault will be safe. Lol

mjcs

Drives
Renault Megane H
Paddy, I'm hopinf that you are still following this forum.
Renault Megane Hatch 2004 - 3 button card. "Card Not Detected"
Fortunatley, the other card card is still working. But, I'm nervouse and want to get this one working again.

I know that the battery is not an issue. It is used for dorr lock/unlock and my "good" card is recognised and will alow the card to be started without a battery fitted.
I noted that there are mant replacement cases on the web and there are one or two tips about repairing dry or broken solder joints.
With nothing to lose, I opened the card case and resolded the joints for the coil used in the sensing operation.
I'm still not getting detetction.
. . .
Now, card dismantlers have keys but they need reprogramming. Renault in Australia, claim that the card needs to be partially programmed in France using VIN info and then the rest of the process completed with the car. I>E. you cannot use second hand components. Your Nov, 2007 update indicates that you have the information (if not the machine) to perform the programming ? Is this from scratch ? I can send you my email address if you want to take all or some of this offline ?

Paddy H

Banned
OP
P
Drives
Accord Executive
Card...

IMG_0195.jpg

Internal PCB..

IMG_0196.jpg

Coil.... (Black circle)

IMG_0197.jpg

With the flexing of the card the soldier points of the coil (aerial) come detached from the PCB... If you crack open your card it is a simple job to resolider the broken connections. You can see where I have soldered the above three points on this particular key.

plexo

RMS Regular
Drives
Mitsubishi
maybe add some wire so it has room to flex about... or add a touch of epoxy so it cant move as much..

Paddy H

Banned
OP
P
Drives
Accord Executive
Paddy, I'm hopinf that you are still following this forum.
Renault Megane Hatch 2004 - 3 button card. "Card Not Detected"
Fortunatley, the other card card is still working. But, I'm nervouse and want to get this one working again.

I know that the battery is not an issue. It is used for dorr lock/unlock and my "good" card is recognised and will alow the card to be started without a battery fitted.
I noted that there are mant replacement cases on the web and there are one or two tips about repairing dry or broken solder joints.
With nothing to lose, I opened the card case and resolded the joints for the coil used in the sensing operation.
I'm still not getting detetction.
. . .
Now, card dismantlers have keys but they need reprogramming. Renault in Australia, claim that the card needs to be partially programmed in France using VIN info and then the rest of the process completed with the car. I>E. you cannot use second hand components. Your Nov, 2007 update indicates that you have the information (if not the machine) to perform the programming ? Is this from scratch ? I can send you my email address if you want to take all or some of this offline ?

To reprogram a card the 'PIN' is released on request by the Renault France through the dealer intranet. The pin corresponds to the 'PCF' chip coding on the card (LHS). It can only be written to once so it has to be a new key.

At any Renault dealer the cost is £70 for a new key then £70 to have it reprogrammed.

I do have a Renault Clip but it is not possible to do it any longer with this alone. (Boys were using the leaked 'vin to pin' algorithm and driving off in the car) Thus Renault changed the coding procedure.

EDIT... If the coil is not the problem, you seem to have resoldered it? It is possible that over time some of the other solder joints have come loose (not always noticeable). It is possible to re-flow all solder joints on the card with the use of a hot air gun / station... the same way xbox's ring of death is fixed.

Last edited:

mthompo

RMS Regular
Drives
Too much...
Got in to the car and put the key in... got the KEY CARD NOT DETECTED.

Initialy it was just the bleeper part that didnt work so i just didnt bother locking the car. (i have lost my spare)

Got in this afternoon and it said CARD NOT DETECTED... I thought to my self 'is that right well ill see about that!!!'

Ok so this isnt how you should split your key (should be heated and then a dremal used with a fine blade to split the plastic weld) but i had the red mist up as i was late to pick up my bro. I have another two ordered through Boomerang that are due anyday now so not really a worry.

SNC12643.jpg

Turns out the RFID transmition coil had come away from the board...

So out came the soldering iron to make the repair... I also gave the whole PCB a blast with a heat gun to reflow any other components and now even the beeper part works.. Result!!!

Im just going to buy a new casing and put the PCB into that.

Why o why do they not have normal keys.

that looks the work of @Ge0rge :p

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.