Mercedes Nokia Car Kit

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

crx

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda
I've bought a c220 for running about in for a while and it has old school nokia car kit in it, anyone know what my options are if I want to try to connect my phone or ipod etc to the car?

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
I've bought a c220 for running about in for a while and it has old school nokia car kit in it, anyone know what my options are if I want to try to connect my phone or ipod etc to the car?

Sorry I can't help but may have the same question.

Is your like a factory fitted one in the armrest?

If so I've been wondering if it can be converted to Bluetooth so the cars steering wheel controls will work which would be nice.

crx

RMS Regular
OP
crx
Drives
Honda
Sorry I can't help but may have the same question.

Is your like a factory fitted one in the armrest?

If so I've been wondering if it can be converted to Bluetooth so the cars steering wheel controls will work which would be nice.

Yes its factory fitted in the arm rest with steering controls and controls on the headunit.

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
Think Ive seen Bluetooth adapters the slot into them , maybe @Cartunes can confirm ?
Just woke up after a crazy week at work...... you'd need to know which kit is fitted. There may be something available but I'd just buy a BT headunit and be done with it.... unless you really want the cradle??
https://www.amazon.co.uk/ViseeO-MBU1000-Mercedes-Bluetooth-Adapter/dp/B001AVY2S4

For £159, I'd forget it. Though it might be worth checking ebay. Again, make sure it will fit your cradle. There were 2 main cradle types available. The oldest on for the 6310 size phones then the small cradle type replaced that before the ck7w bluetooth kit took over.

Reactions: crx

crx

RMS Regular
OP
crx
Drives
Honda
Just woke up after a crazy week at work...... you'd need to know which kit is fitted. There may be something available but I'd just buy a BT headunit and be done with it.... unless you really want the cradle??
https://www.amazon.co.uk/ViseeO-MBU1000-Mercedes-Bluetooth-Adapter/dp/B001AVY2S4

For £159, I'd forget it. Though it might be worth checking ebay. Again, make sure it will fit your cradle. There were 2 main cradle types available. The oldest on for the 6310 size phones then the small cradle type replaced that before the ck7w bluetooth kit took over.
Thanks, I have a pioneer unit with a Bluetooth and ipod dock I could fit but thought it was a full stripping match to change the head unit plus I need to source a surround, take it the likes of ebay would be best for this?

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
Thanks, I have a pioneer unit with a Bluetooth and ipod dock I could fit but thought it was a full stripping match to change the head unit plus I need to source a surround, take it the likes of ebay would be best for this?

If you have the original head unit in there, changing it over shouldn't be a nightmare!

The surround might be expensive though!!

Good luck

crx

RMS Regular
OP
crx
Drives
Honda
If you have the original head unit in there, changing it over shouldn't be a nightmare!

The surround might be expensive though!!

Good luck
This is the current head unit, but don't see way of removing it.
20160905_130247.jpg

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
yeah - easy when you know what/how to remove the hidden clips - I'd leave that to a pro. At least if the dash gets scratched, he's liable ;)

You tube should have a few guides on this if you want to tackle it yourself.

I'm not in the country for a few weeks (as usual) - or would whip it out for some Communion Wine Tokens

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
I just looked. There are guides on there. I can't copy or share the link though for some reason.

Reactions: crx

crx

RMS Regular
OP
crx
Drives
Honda
I'll have a look but may well take you up on your offer at some point as I've a few things to do first.

crx

RMS Regular
OP
crx
Drives
Honda
Right change of plans I'm going to get a double din headunit with an ipod dock that will hopefully work with the steering controls, anyone any recommendations?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.