Mk1 xr2

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

zafturbo

RMS Regular
i have the chance to buy a 1982 fiesta xr2 in good useable condition.its not show ready but very good .74k on clocks with old mot,s with it .could anyone advise a rough guide price for me as it's not something I would keep an eye on .thanks .

Terry

RMS Regular
Drives
Carefully
It may depend a lot on the type of seller and your relationship with them. There have been MK1 XR2s with similar mileage for sale for £15k plus in classifieds (it's hard to know if they actually sell and if so, for what price). And that is obviously the high end of the spectrum.

But then on / within Forums you might see some sell after restoring them from £8k - £9k+

Even normal models (non RS & non XR) are being advertised for £6k - £10k depending on mileage.

It's a bit crazy out there with the old stuff and it's pricing, which is why I think it might depend on if you get a level headed seller etc.

Good luck though, I had a MK2 XR2 and it was great fun, you can still get off the shelf tuning bits for them easily enough.

Ghost

RMS Regular
I don't want to derail the thread but I think he's fed up with some folk and posts questioning his projects / spending. Instead of just enjoying the cars and builds there's one or two that enjoy bashing their keyboard at him.
Ok. Go on. Got the pop corn.

56oval

RMS Regular
Really difficult to put a price on them these days, someone offered me a really clean 70k mile mk2 xr2 a few weeks back for 2k which i thought was very cheap but i have absolutely no interest, i'd say for a mk1 you'd be starting at 3-4k and working up from there.

Blackie

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Not sure how much help, but I saw a rotten Mk1 1.0 Popular on Facebook recently go for just under £2.5k with something like 50k miles on it.

Terry

RMS Regular
Drives
Carefully
Really difficult to put a price on them these days, someone offered me a really clean 70k mile mk2 xr2 a few weeks back for 2k which i thought was very cheap but i have absolutely no interest, i'd say for a mk1 you'd be starting at 3-4k and working up from there.

Yeah it's almost like there are two markets, the classifieds, where people hope to retire with he proceeds of their sale... and then the circles where cars are sold and never see a for sale advert - including some forums.

It's hard and almost irrelevant to give a guide price based on classifieds for things like this and as @56oval has said, £3-£4K as a starting point would be sensible but whether anyone will even begin considering that is another matter :party: the world has gone mad :party:

56oval

RMS Regular
Yeah it's almost like there are two markets, the classifieds, where people hope to retire with he proceeds of their sale... and then the circles where cars are sold and never see a for sale advert - including some forums.

It's hard and almost irrelevant to give a guide price based on classifieds for things like this and as @56oval has said, £3-£4K as a starting point would be sensible but whether anyone will even begin considering that is another matter :party: the world has gone mad :party:

Its nuts, the xr2 wasnt that great a car, i always loved the ohc crossflow much more than the pony cvh in the mk2, 16k in the pocket, blow it on a dagenham dustbin with 90 odd brake or a clean e46 moneypit m3.

Paul RS

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
Its nuts, the xr2 wasnt that great a car, i always loved the ohc crossflow much more than the pony cvh in the mk2, 16k in the pocket, blow it on a dagenham dustbin with 90 odd brake or a clean e46 moneypit m3.

Or you could put a bit more in the pot and buy my Dagenham dustbin money pit Sierra! Win win!!

56oval

RMS Regular
Or you could put a bit more in the pot and buy my Dagenham dustbin money pit Sierra! Win win!!

I used to go to Frog Island with my dad and he would buy ex managers cars, we should have bought a few rather than a 2.0i gls lol.

jacko_rs

RMS Regular
Drives
lexus is200
Mk2 fiesta was my first car. Be looking for a project to fire in the garage n just enjoy restoring. I sold my 1.1 pop 17 years ago to mark king for 30 quid I think. Think he done super Sunday in it.

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
I don't want to derail the thread but I think he's fed up with some folk and posts questioning his projects / spending. Instead of just enjoying the cars and builds there's one or two that enjoy bashing their keyboard at him.
Tell him to put his big boy pants on and **** them. There really are some ball begs on this site.
I personally think @Mark King has some of the most interesting cars on here. He buys what he wants and uses them how they are supposed to be used. Fair play to him and at the end of the days it's nobodies business how he pays for them. Obviously some jealous people about :rolleyes:

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
As for the fiesta, my first car was a mk3 1.1 fiesta, I loved that car and I bought it for £80, no chance of that happening now by the looks of it!

jimcupra

RMS Regular
Couldn't agree more awesome collection. I have met him a couple of times and he is a gentleman.
I personally think @Mark King has some of the most interesting cars on here. He buys what he wants and uses them how they are supposed to be used. Fair play to him and at the end of the days it's nobodies business how he pays for them. Obviously some jealous people about :rolleyes:

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Couldn't agree more awesome collection. I have met him a couple of times and he is a gentleman.
Haven't met him but hopefully I'll get to some shows this year, maybe some of the cars will be there.

zafturbo

RMS Regular
OP
zafturbo
I don't know mark,have never spoken to himbut I can say from what I read online he has an awesome collection of cars and is a very lucky guy .who knows if he works hard ,deals gear or whatever ,it's nobody's business but his..how he spends his money is up to him and feck anyone who wants to comment on his choices in life.people should look after there own affairs and keep the feck out of other people's .he is a lucky guy who makes me jealous just a little bit .

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.