mk5 golf headunit advice/options

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Ge0rge

Banned
as title i hate the standard headunit, anyone have one for sale thats a bit more modern looking, prefer one that looks OEM but i do look a good android unit, anyone have anything for sale or reccomen me a good one.....

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
I have a RCD510 which came out of my caddy..... @Lyons - will it fit?

182A7392-3962-4EE1-93C8-4F78544A7307.png

07ECB4CA-0397-4376-A39B-7B14331C730D.png

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Yup. Will depend on age of Golf and revision of RNS though if an updated can gateway is needed too.

pobmk4

RMS Regular
Drives
Caddy 2K
All depends on your budget, you get them cheap Chinese android things that are pure guff....then you have OEM units like the Rcd510, RNS510, RNS315 and the DAB versions of them.
Obviously the more functions it has, the bigger the cost, then you'll need to upgrade the gateway to stop it killing the battery

Ge0rge

Banned
OP
Ge0rge
I'm gonna try the alpine double din dvd player in it, for some reason the double din facia adapter that came from eBay is to small and yup it's being trimmed with my new battery grinder I can't get enough of it, cutting everything I can get an excuse too.

Ge0rge

Banned
OP
Ge0rge
All depends on your budget, you get them cheap Chinese android things that are pure guff....then you have OEM units like the Rcd510, RNS510, RNS315 and the DAB versions of them.
Obviously the more functions it has, the bigger the cost, then you'll need to upgrade the gateway to stop it killing the battery
What's the best OEM one if I don't like this alpine not really looking to spend more than a few hundred I already have one money pit that's slowly bankrupting me I don't wanna start firing a load of money at another car right now.

pobmk4

RMS Regular
Drives
Caddy 2K
I personally prefer the RCD 510 dab, I have one in my own van. I've had my choice of all of them, the rns315 DAB is a handy we unit, although the screen is slightly smaller it as Bluetooth and Nav built in. The rns510 is the premium model....but I dont think they are worth the £400-500 price tag used, you need a Bluetooth module and wiring ontop of this to make it a worthwhile purchase.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.