Mk7 Golf R Car play enabling

Ceebl

RMS Regular
Drives
330d/C2 Loeb
Really considering getting this enabled on the R, there are retrofit places in England seem to be able to do this on the cheap.
I believe over here it’s main dealer only.

Tried VW Mallusk twice now and they’ve never got back to me with a price both times…
Anyone any experience or costs for this for reference? Will probably just try a different dealer over the summer and give someone else the money. Think it’s a couple hundred though which is why I’m taking my time pondering if I realllly need it or not!

Chris.

Mackers91

RMS Regular
Is it something that just needs switched on? Can you not just code it with the likes of OBD11?

Ceebl

RMS Regular
OP
Ceebl
Drives
330d/C2 Loeb
Is it something that just needs switched on? Can you not just code it with the likes of OBD11?
Nah I have a clone vcds and obd11 amongst other things but I believe this a license code thing the dealer has to put in to enable it. Not sure if the car needs connected to a server or if its some sort of key generated by vw off your vin or whatever

Mackers91

RMS Regular
Nah I have a clone vcds and obd11 amongst other things but I believe this a license code thing the dealer has to put in to enable it. Not sure if the car needs connected to a server or if its some sort of key generated by vw off your vin or whatever
Ahh fair one was going to say if it can be done with OBD11 you could have used mine to do it.

Ceebl

RMS Regular
OP
Ceebl
Drives
330d/C2 Loeb
Ahh fair one was going to say if it can be done with OBD11 you could have used mine to do it.
Appreciate the offer
I used these folks for activation on my old Seat Leon . Volkswagen AppConnect Activation
Was only $120 back then though. I would try Philips Vw in Lisburn as well
I’ll probably ask a couple dealers then and see if they’re similar to that £165 or whatever price, save the hassle and let them do it

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
Appreciate the offer

I’ll probably ask a couple dealers then and see if they’re similar to that £165 or whatever price, save the hassle and let them do it

Roy in Philips is great and will give you a price. They are far better to deal with compared to agnews etc.

KyleR

RMS Regular
Drives
MYSR
It came as standard in man mk7.5, if I didn't have it I certainly wouldn't miss it. I could probably count on one hand the number of times it's been used, most of those for Google maps which is of course much better than any built in sat nav when there are traffic jams or road works.

StephenMcC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
I got this activated in my CC, was about £230 if I remember correctly, but that included replacing the USB port with a CarPlay compatible one (pretty sure the mk7 will have that by default)

Ruairi83

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7.5 GTi PP
I got this activated in my CC, was about £230 if I remember correctly, but that included replacing the USB port with a CarPlay compatible one (pretty sure the mk7 will have that by default)
It’s does in the lower centre console with an aux port!

Message @pobmk4 as he has Odis and is the man for Vag stuff! No bull****!