Mk7 Golf R

redanni

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7 R / MK2 RS
Agreed. I much prefer them to leather, they really are nice in the flesh. I didn't the the lighter bit was alcantara.
Agree, my wife wanted us to order leather, but after seeing the quality it was a BIG fat NO from me(n)

andy_gdon

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi Polo
Not sure about the winter wheels (but I don't really like the standard 18's on the R either) but I'm sure it is a great family car!! HTD

you've some fleet now with a tts, r and x5 to choose from!! Very unlike you to spend the doe mr lyons

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
Can't take it with you! What happened with dad really changed my outlook on life. Now that we have the house near finished I just think life's too short! Cars is all I'm in to really, so no point spending it in a 1.6 Octavia if Im able to avoid it!

Mark315

RMS Regular
Drives
R
I really like those wheels, would look even better an inch bigger...but for winter wheels you can't go wrong!!

VW really did well with the R!

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Can't take it with you! What happened with dad really changed my outlook on life. Now that we have the house near finished I just think life's too short! Cars is all I'm in to really, so no point spending it in a 1.6 Octavia if Im able to avoid it!

Wise words!

therock

RMS Regular
Totally agree, I will never use Race Mode in Auto again. Driving through town in second gear car revving it's head off is not the look I want:oops:

When I'm in race it's paddles all the way;)

Glad your liking it, I didn't think it was too bad on fuel tbh but to be fair I don't really pay much attention to it.
I did notice I got 360 miles to last tank, that was trip to the Port etc which I thought was good

If you put it in race mode whilst in auto, you'll notice the gear indicator on the dash reads S1, S2 etc.

To change it to earlier gear changes just tap the shifter down and it will stay in race mode, but read as normal D and change at normal intervals.

Thank me later

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI

Absolutely right on. I was lining up for my first decent car there before Christmas and just decided last week to be sensible instead and it's pretty gutting tbh!

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
I didn't realize you had keyless entry, very nice.
Truly are a great car, I'll miss mine when it goes
Absolutely right on. I was lining up for my first decent car there before Christmas and just decided last week to be sensible instead and it's pretty gutting tbh!

I would say wrong personally! Assuming you have other investments already.

Though you do seem to love your cheap cars too, of which you have plenty.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
I would say wrong personally! Assuming you have other investments already.

Though you do seem to love your cheap cars too, of which you have plenty.

Impossible to tell if right or wrong but you're probably right. Head melt.

Anyway contrary to some opinions I rather like the new rimmage on it.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
They'll do for now, but still on the lookout for something I prefer.

Ian A

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Looks superb Ian. Hard to wack these for an all rounder.

House / garage is looking amazing too. (y)

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
Thanks Ian :grinning:

I didn't realize you had keyless entry, very nice.

I wasn't actually bothered about it when I heard, and was more excited about the camera. But i never use the latter and the keyless entry is a great tool! I had it in the A8 but don't remember it being of much benefit.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
Car or remote?

It's actually flat in 1 of the remotes now that you mention it, I forgot to get one.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
They're exactly the same bar the "Team Dynamics" round the rim.

19's are out though!

There's a few sets of unpopular Audi rims that I reckon would work on it, will keep an eye on eBay just between now and next winter.

Last edited: