Modified Live and Drift Masters, Mondello

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
See the blog feature on this - MODIFIED LIVE
This May 7th+8th the biggest car event in Ireland will take place at Mondello Park race circuit. For any car enthusiast or petrolhead, this event is simply unmissable, combining the best on and off-track action the country has ever seen. After 2 years of limitations, Modified Live returns with a bang!
DRIFT MASTERS ROUND 1 Europe’s biggest drift series (Drift Masters GP) returns to Ireland after a 4 year absence, bringing over 50 drivers who each represent 28 countries

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
I saw something on FB that Kale Rovanpera is going to be at this driving Daigo Saito's drift Supra...

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
I saw something on FB that Kale Rovanpera is going to be at this driving Daigo Saito's drift Supra...
It's not the first time a WRC star has competed a Drift event at Mondello...

This wasn't yesterday:
IMG_1350.JPG
IMG_1411.JPG
IMG_1415 (1).JPG
IMG_1792.JPG

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
No mate, I don’t follow motorsport really don’t have the time. Name doesn’t ring a bell, does he race go carts?
He is the prodige of Colin McRae.

Worked at M-Sport (Ford WRC Team) as an engineering student, then lived with the McRae's for a few years during the early days of his driving career.

Has raced karts over the years to keep his eye in, yes.

Is regarded as one of the best test drivers there is, a role that he has done beyond most peoples knowledge for most of his life.

Was one of very few paid drivers in the WRC, with both Citroen, MINI (Prodrive) and then Toyota.

Completed the Baja 1000 on two wheels in something like 24hrs.

Has finished Dakar once in a lower class car and was called at the 11th hour this year to jump into a top-flight works seat as the planned driver had covid.

Has rallied a fair bit in the middle east and seems set on doing a works drive on the Dakar in coming years.

He is some boy!!!