MOT diesel emissions test

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
I learned of a new test done on diesels at the MOT where by the car is revved out for 15 seconds, 6 times. Steve + Gareth both had stories of cars blowing up there + then, and the MOT centre accept no responsibility + dont cover repair costs.

Anyone got any more specific details on this? Surely it wont lost for long if they keep blowing engines?!!

Astroid

RMS Regular
Drives
Rb5 and c4
I was told that they blew 3 dervs in newtownards mot centre. They've spent millions on this new equipment and now they can't use it so we've got to foot the bill, mot is going up 4 quid i've been told. I think they should have spent the money on our roads instead of blowin our cars up.......

Marc

RMS Moderator
well.. on Monday a guy i knwo failed for the 3rd time in his 2002 passat.. the emissions didnt pass, when was it suppossed to be suspended from?

fast 5

Drives
vw golf gti
diesel test

all diesels made after 01/01/2001 still get tested
tho health an safty are ready to step in an an put a stop to it due to the fumes in the test hall watch this space 8o|

slinky2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Fiesta ST
Lyons said:
I learned of a new test done on diesels at the MOT where by the car is revved out for 15 seconds, 6 times. Steve + Gareth both had stories of cars blowing up there + then, and the MOT centre accept no responsibility + dont cover repair costs.

Anyone got any more specific details on this? Surely it wont lost for long if they keep blowing engines?!!

holey moses, 15 seconds 6 times, thats a minute and a half of full revving! jeepers

andy_gdon

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi Polo
does anyone have confirmation of this? ie not rumours!!!

Wouldnt be happy with some grease monkey on the YTP revving the shi7e out of my motor!!

PhilG

RMS Regular
i put my petrol megane through MOT last friday, when there i saw them revving a derv new style laguna. They weren't holding it at full revs, just up to max revs then let off again. Thats what i've seen, but what i've heard is that they only do this to cars which are younger than 5 years old from now on, i dont know how true this is, nor do i see the point in this as the youngers cars wont be too polluting, and they aint due a mot until 3 or 4 years old :confounded:. It's getting a bit confusing.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
Yes, exactly. if anything it should the older cars getting it.

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
I'm happy enough with the newer ones getting tested!! But I've said before, there are ways and means of cheating it if you're worried about it failing!!!

Sir Sax

Drives
vts
Some of you may be happy to hear.... a certain individual was not a happy bunny having the tits rev'd off his motor and cracked a tester square on the jaw, needless to say he'll not be treating cars with such disregard in a hurry.

Ben P

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW F33/A6C7
Sir Sax said:
a certain individual was not a happy bunny having the tits rev'd off his motor and cracked a tester square on the jaw, needless to say he'll not be treating cars with such disregard in a hurry.

do tell :party:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.