Mot

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

PhilG

RMS Regular
My car has 2 months MOT left onb it, but i'm looking to sell it now. Now i'm nearly sure she needs piss all to pass the MOT, maybe just a cv joint. So is it possible to put my car through the test now to increase its resale value, even though there's already 2months left on it? Or is there some form of "mock test" that they could perform now?

tim

RMS Regular
If i remember correctly you can mot it with a month left, not 2. But Sure get her booked in will take 2-3 weeks anyway for a date(y) fecking english hav it too easy!!

Baz C

Banned
PhilG said:
My car has 2 months MOT left onb it, but i'm looking to sell it now. Now i'm nearly sure she needs piss all to pass the MOT, maybe just a cv joint. So is it possible to put my car through the test now to increase its resale value, even though there's already 2months left on it? Or is there some form of "mock test" that they could perform now?

2 months is enough mot to sell it, its not like its only a couple of weeks left. sell it on :p

xspeedstarx

RMS Regular
Drives
X 5 r33 gtr
doesn`t matter how long is left til the next mot is due. Pay the money and you could get it done every week if you wanted.

JayT

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi A3eeeeeee
only thing is if it did fail your car would have no mot as the old one is cancelled at the time of the test, but its a tecnicality (sp)

Nordonian

RMS Regular
JayT said:
only thing is if it did fail your car would have no mot as the old one is cancelled at the time of the test, but its a tecnicality (sp)

thats wrong i think
i applied for my mot 6 weeks before my mot expired, it failed and i fixed the things it failed on and retested the car with 2 weeks left.

Smick

RMS Regular
Drives
CLA45
If your car fails the MOT then it isn't road worthy therefore invalidating any MOT you have left.
They do give you back your current certificate but so if you want to take the risk you could still drive it but if you have an accident in this time Id say it would be dodgy.

You can apply up to 6 weeks before it.

Nordonian

RMS Regular
i ****in hope not, cause i asked the guy at the centre after it failed if i was fine and his words to me was it hasnt expired yet so yeah your fine

Smick

RMS Regular
Drives
CLA45
I could be wrong like but if the car aint road worthy, it aint road worthy! Otherwise why bother with an MOT?! The Peelers can even take it to MOT centre and put it thru if they request this.
It also says in your insurance documents that you must keep the car in road worthy condition or you aren't covered.
Insurance companies will try anything to get out of payin, just givin uz a heads up

Nordonian

RMS Regular
@smick
i know where your comeing from, it wasnt anything major it failed on
but with the way insurance companies are these days who knows, but theres no chance id have drove my car on the road had i thought it wasnt legal

Nordonian

RMS Regular
@jay

i cant see how though, mot expires 16th i applied ages before, because i wasnt sure if my old exhasut would have passed and i needed to give my self time to save, as the exhaust had seen better days and was beginning to rust and i was replacing it with a stainless steel job

and if i applied for mot 6 weeks early and it failed, well surely if i crash between then and the end of my mot then the ins company cant bat an eye lid cause the car is still in date of mot

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Smick said:
I could be wrong like but if the car aint road worthy, it aint road worthy! Otherwise why bother with an MOT?! The Peelers can even take it to MOT centre and put it thru if they request this.
It also says in your insurance documents that you must keep the car in road worthy condition or you aren't covered.
Insurance companies will try anything to get out of payin, just givin uz a heads up

What is the definition of roadworthy ?? An MOT is almost a waste of time, as it says clearly on the certificate.

"This certificate relates only to the condition of the vehicle at the time of testing. it should not be regarded as evidence of the condition of the vehilde at any other time."

So really, Why do we bother ???

Its mostly yet another money making scheme by the government. After all, how many accidents or road deaths are attributed to un-roadworthy cars ?

Not that many.

Smick

RMS Regular
Drives
CLA45
I agree completely mate but our opinions dont matter at all.

End of the day you need that bit of paper.

JayT

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi A3eeeeeee
easy way to slove the problem is by phoning the mot centre monday, but i am 99.9% sure once you go have an mot on a car before the other one has expired it voids the old mot, you still have the disk and certificate dated to whenever so you can motor about but it would be at your own risk.

or call traffic branch if you want an answer tonight.

Nordonian

RMS Regular
yeah
ill have to find this one out for definate, the ****er in the mot centre specifically told me i was fine as long as my old one was in date.

Nordonian

RMS Regular
i dont think you are, it makes sence.
if it fails in the eyes of the law it means its not road worthy

suit em better to target all the foreign run about cars that are goin about that look like they are straight out of a destruction derby ^o)

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.