MOTOGP 2016

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

EP3 James

RMS Regular
OP
EP3 James
Drives
Leon Cupra
Great to see Vale be so competitive :grinning: also good to see both Marquez and Rossi shake hands considering everything that has happened over the course of the weekend.

DriftnSlide

Banned
Drives
S60 D5 SE
Yes good to see the Doc on a head to head with Marquez and coming out on top.
Man of the meeting for me was Maverick Vinales on the Suzuki, nice to see them at the pointy end again.

genman

G
not sure if Rossi really won a battle...Marc's tyres were gone and he just backed off and settled for good points.
either way it was good to see the old man still has it...if he could just get off the line then maybe we'd really see just how quick he really is given that he now has to push hard early on to play catch up and boy did he make some of them look slow in places.
Whatever they did / found in FP4 certainly suited him.
Fair play to Vinales ...give it everything and then some...kid just needs to calm down a little.
crazy Joe....what else needs said....crazy.....but good for the championship

trev 1515

RMS Regular
Drives
E39 M5 Evo ix
I think rossi's tires were going too, his front at least. Good to see him back on top. Don't know what iannone was thinking, really earning the 'maniac' badge on his back lol.

EP3 James

RMS Regular
OP
EP3 James
Drives
Leon Cupra
Of course it was a battle he won, both riders tyres were going off and Rossi managed his better. The Honda jumps about and the way Marquez rides and pushes wouldn't help his tyres. Great to see and great for the championship! :grinning:

Cess

RMS Staff
I like Iannone. He's talented, quick and brave. Unfortunately, quite silly at times too. There was never a pass on there at all. I can understand Lorenzo being annoyed, but the guy did try to make amends, but he was having none of it. Made me think of that bit in Hitting the Apex where Pedrosa talks about being pis$ed off with Simoncelli and they fell out. Then two weeks later, he lost his life. Pedrosa speaks about his regret about not having made up.

EP3 James

RMS Regular
OP
EP3 James
Drives
Leon Cupra
Iannone remind me a bit of Groejean in the F1 when he first arrived.. Has bags of potential but often made rash decisions; this year more so than any other and that's seen him lose his seat at Ducati!

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
That was a brilliant race!

Marquez did well to even try to challenge. Rossi said after that he was unable to pull away, but when Marquez passed him he sat behind and watched how the Honda rode and knew he had the upper hand. And then he was away. The master of race craft.

Iannone is definitely talented, but that was one too many. I guess the pressure after previous poor races is not helping either! Shame for Jorge, but great for the championship. And to be fair, the way he was running at the time he would end well back anyway.

Vinales is a blast at the moment, and the Suzuki too, great to see :grinning:

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Speaking of bad relations, the commentators mentioned several times there had been more bad blood between Rossi and Marquez this weekend. What happened this time?

EP3 James

RMS Regular
OP
EP3 James
Drives
Leon Cupra
It was a great race indeed, a bit of justice for Vale after Mugello maybe? + Vinales will be very good on the Yamaha. Great talent! I think it was something to do with the rider meetings which Rossi doesn't go to anymore since Sepang last year.. something along those lines. Hopefully its put to bed and we can just focus on the racing!

fabiostar

RMS Regular
Drives
It was a great race indeed, a bit of justice for Vale after Mugello maybe? + Vinales will be very good on the Yamaha. Great talent! I think it was something to do with the rider meetings which Rossi doesn't go to anymore since Sepang last year.. something along those lines. Hopefully its put to bed and we can just focus on the racing!

it was good to see Vale and Marq shake hands at the end of the race aswell..

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Brilliant race in Germany, and totally random with the pit stop :grinning:

Marquez got it all perfect. Superb finish for Cruthlow. Unlucky for Rossi. Lorenzo nowhere at all.

Antoin

RMS Regular
Drives
E60 535d
Brilliant race in Germany, and totally random with the pit stop :grinning:

Marquez got it all perfect. Superb finish for Cruthlow. Unlucky for Rossi. Lorenzo nowhere at all.

As interesting as it was I still prefer a dry race.
I want the winner to be the fastest rather than having tyres/ tactics decide the race as it did in this instance.
Superb tactical call by Marquez but as he said himself he had nothing to lose as the supersoft wet front wasn't working for him.

Ryan L

RMS Regular
Drives
SV650 minitwin
I think Rossi went out on intermediates too after he eventually decided to come in, shambles!

I'm not a massive MM fan but when he came in that early and went out on slicks, that took balls.

Cess

RMS Staff
I missed qualifying, so what's the deal with Lorenzo? Why's he at the back of the pack?

dave b

RMS Regular
Drives
Panny Turbo
Greetings from Brno!
Full wet race for the motogp and no sign of it letting up. Nobody was able to test in the rain so this should play into rossi's hands
IMG-20160821-WA0008.jpg

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.