MOTOGP 2016

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Marquez can't stay lucky all season long - I havent given up on the goat yet :party:

Lol, know what you mean, but I don't think it has been down to luck.

Marquez has played a very good long game this year, consistently finishing on good points instead of going all or nothing flat out for the win in every race. Much more mature season, a season of a champion and not "just" a racer.

Sure he has had some near misses too, that goes with racing. The point is, with more mature racing comes playing the odds as well, which means a better survival rate. Maths rules 8-| :cool:

Debaser

RMS Regular
Drives
Kuga ST-Line X
The problem is Rossi suffered badly during the two years in the wilderness at Ducati

The game had moved on a lot by the time he got a decent ride again

I'm as big a Rossi fan as anyone, but If you ask me he's still playing catch up

EP3 James

RMS Regular
OP
EP3 James
Drives
Leon Cupra
I wouldn't say hes playing catch up. I think Marquez Lorenzo are now better riders than Rossi simply due to age but Rossi still has so much determination to win the championship again and be competitive.

dave b

RMS Regular
Drives
Panny Turbo
I switched that off after Rossi dumped it - felt a bit like watching mcgregor get choked out by Diaz! +o(

Having checked the results the only thing consoling me is that Jorge slid off too (y)

What an event for the championship win though - Honda's track and on their 50th birthday. You couldn't have scripted it better :party:

Ryan L

RMS Regular
Drives
SV650 minitwin
Same here, I had it taped and just flicked over to Eurosport for WSBK! Good to see Rea improve on yesterday's result but Chaz and the Duke are unstoppable at the minute.

Mabb

RMS Regular
Drives
MT10 X5
Well done to the Mighty Marquez!

No one gave him a chance on the Honda this year but he kept his head down and done the business. What a talent!

Well done to JR too, how frustrating is it watching chinner holding him up but he's keeping his cool and riding smart for the championship.

Kawasaki need to support him next year and develope the bike around him not Sykes if they want to catch the ducati next year.

Reactions: Hel

DriftnSlide

Banned
Drives
S60 D5 SE
I set the alarm to get up and watch this ffs. It turned out to be a pretty dull race.
Although I'm not a fan of marquez, credit where its due, he deserved it.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Well deserved champion this year I think. He has knuckled down and got the best result out of each race instead of always going for win or die. Might not be as exciting to watch always but that is how to win a championship (y)

Cess

RMS Staff
The championship did fizzle out a bit though. Not the titanic showdown we'd all hoped. Marquez kept it pointing the right way, whilst all around him fell off. The remaining races feel a wee bit irrelevant now.

Ryan L

RMS Regular
Drives
SV650 minitwin
Speaking of which, it will be interesting to see what Hayden can do on the Repsol this weekend.

Mabb

RMS Regular
Drives
MT10 X5
Hayden proved that 10 years ago too

Rossi blew it that year same as he did last year, if memory serves me right all he had to do that year was finish 14th in the last race to win the title and he fell off?

Correct me if I'm wrong cause I couldn't be arsed googling it.

Mabb

RMS Regular
Drives
MT10 X5
Speaking of which, it will be interesting to see what Hayden can do on the Repsol this weekend.

Hopefully he does well. I like Nicky he just gets on with it and very rarely complains..I remember the year Pedrosa (his team mate at the time) pulled a wild move on him and knocked him off while he was fighting for the championship..he cried like a baby walking back to the pits lol

Ryan L

RMS Regular
Drives
SV650 minitwin
Same here, he seems dead on. He gets a lot of a **** about that championship but so what if he didn't blitz the competition at every race, he got the job done. It'd be good to see him do well on the new fireblade too.

Wasn't he having a good cry during his helmetless lap of honour after winning it in in 06 too lol

Debaser

RMS Regular
Drives
Kuga ST-Line X
Always liked Hayden #69
Remember him coming on the scene and everyone saying he would be the one to beat
Didn't work out quite like that but he didn't do too bad coming from AMA Superbikes
Theres a pic on the net of him from around that time with a very young and clearly ecstatic Marquez posing beside him; how times have changed!

dave b

RMS Regular
Drives
Panny Turbo
3 cracking races there - well worth a watch :cool:

If Lorenzos form doesnt improve he could lose third in the championship! :laughing:

Debaser

RMS Regular
Drives
Kuga ST-Line X
Good win for Cal; would liked to have seen him take the race to Marquez though, I reckon it was on

EP3 James

RMS Regular
OP
EP3 James
Drives
Leon Cupra
Pity that marquez crash wasn't a few races prior. Would have spiced the championship up

Debaser

RMS Regular
Drives
Kuga ST-Line X
I would love to see Troy Bayliss come in for the last race, stick it on pole and smoke them all in the race, then piss off home
Just like he did 10 years ago :grinning:

genman

G
I'd like to see a hole new line up of riders given the chance.... sick of the same riders year in year out.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.