Motorbike CBT thread - Ask all related questions here

bigsigh

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M2
Funny doing hazard awareness if youve been driving for a while, so obvious and easy. Never felt that easy the first time round

thats very true, also i got my first ride last night on a "big" bike, riding pillion and looking out over his shoulder it was almost exactly like the hazard perception, i think its a very relevant and useful part of the theory (y)

midgelfc

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 630D GT
My cbt is booked with Gene. Had lessons before with him. Great guy theory test is goin to be a nightmare. Got a app on the phone to go through it:grinning:.

Really excited about getting a supermoto.
I'm booked in for the theory next Wednesday, I dont think it will be to bad, alot of it seems like common sense that you could almost guess correct if you werent to sure. Also downloaded a few apps myself for the iPhone which have been great help.

Good luck with the CBT, though if you've already been out on lessons with Gene before then you know what to expect and there is nothing to it then.

midgelfc

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 630D GT
Passed my theory test on Wednesday and off road test booked for 22nd August up at Mullusk. Girl on the phone told me i got the last date for that location and that there werent any other dates until the end of September!!!..... Hope i dont have to wait that long to book the On road test!

big-lew18

RMS Regular
OP
big-lew18
Drives
really well!
I booked my on road in craigavon and there's about 6 week list. But then I got cancellation for Lisburn. There's 1 or 2 days available inbetween but didnt suit me

Kerzo

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon FR
Yup, actually quite looking forward to it now so hopefully I can keep that attitude going to stop me from making any silly mistakes!

dannyfawcett

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3, 1.6 hat
good luck kerzo, i passed mine in jan there. Got two minors. only thing to really keep on top of is your checks and distance from kerb when turning left/right. A few lads i know have been failed for inproper road positioning when turning

Kerzo

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon FR
As also mentioned, Mike in Portadown charges around the £170 mark - time of it pretty much depends on how competent you are. I have only been on automatics a handful of times previous to that but still only took a few hours to get through it all. It's very basic indeed but worthwhile IMO, essentially it is your first couple of lessons if nothing else.

Kerzo

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon FR
Happy as a pig in ****, just bought insurance cover for the year......just have to take the rest of the day off now and learn how to ride my bike!

Kerzo

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon FR
11:05 today, 6 minors in total including one for pillion passenger question.....didn't think that would have been particularly important but there you go! Clocked up a few miles this afternoon, absolutely loving it!

dannyfawcett

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3, 1.6 hat
very nice mate, throw a few pics up. im after a wee bandit , but if i seen a nice 600f i liked and the insurance is dead on i think id go with that.