Motorbike CBT thread - Ask all related questions here

gary87

RMS Regular
Drives
E350
Cant help you im afraid. I dont know of any in Newtownabbey. Might still be worth the run to Ards tho. I travelled further than that to get to them

Ards isn't that far. Do I need to bring my own motorbike, because I ain't got one of those lol.

Andy044

RMS Regular
Drives
^^^^^^
Ards isn't that far. Do I need to bring my own motorbike, because I ain't got one of those lol.

No they will supply a 125cc machine for the job. Book in over the phone and just turn up on the day. They supply the jacket/gloves/helmet too.

mckeown

RMS Regular
Drives
mitsi outlander
Doing my CBT with gene tomorrow and theory booked for the 20th, actually really enjoying the whole re-testing feel of the theory now im driving 10 years!

Ben P

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW F33/A6C7
Any recommendations for doing cbt/teaching some mates on the north coast?

gary87

RMS Regular
Drives
E350
Did you ever get sorted in the end also looking some recommendations for newtownabbey ish area

I didn't mate; one thing let to another and now going on holiday and all here so on the back burner again for another few weeks!

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Booked in to do my CBT next weekend with Roly at McCallens.

Buzzing!

That's who I done all mine with, you'll get on great with him and be through your test in no time. It took me 9 days from doing CBT to getting both tests done as I got lucky with cancellations.

Good luck!

Reactions: Ben

Chris666

RMS Regular
Drives
Often
Thought these might come in useful sometime

A1.jpg
A2.jpg
A.jpg
AA.jpg

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
How old are those images? they don't mention the off road test? Unless when it means "Pass practical test" it means do the off road and on road.

Chris666

RMS Regular
Drives
Often
There is offroad bits as part of CBT module and 2 modules as part of the full test.

CBT only entitles you to learn for 2 years, the theory and 2module test is for a "full" unrestricted licence for that cat

Did you pass CBT? age?

Last edited:

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
There is offroad bits as part of CBT module and 2 modules as part of the full test.

CBT only entitles you to learn for 2 years, the theory and 2module test is for a "full" unrestricted licence for that cat

Did you pass CBT? age?

the pass 2 part practical tests is your on and off road tests. @Ben 6

thats up to date, and I'm swiping it because I've explained this to 47million people now.

I'm an idiot, didn't see the "Pass 2 part..."

And yeah I've passed my CBT @Polobrat666 I'm 25 and planning to do my theory off and on road test this summer.

Chris666

RMS Regular
Drives
Often
I'm an idiot, didn't see the "Pass 2 part..."

And yeah I've passed my CBT @Polobrat666 I'm 25 and planning to do my theory off and on road test this summer.
Good man, direct access is the way :grinning: I got full licence at 17 in the old test and restriction system, don't envy riders coming through now

Reactions: Ben

Marty Lad

RMS Regular
Drives
E46 M3
Hi, I need to do my CBT for a 125 in the next couple of months, I see mccallens are recommended so I might go with them. I'm new to this biking stuff so can anyone tell me what's involved in a CBT, is there a theory test type thing as part of it? And is the practical bit out on the road or is it just a car park manoeuvres type thing, and finally what's the cost of it? Thanks

big-lew18

RMS Regular
OP
big-lew18
Drives
really well!
Its really just a course to see that you don't need stabilizers. There is a small bit in the classroom where you read through a book but it's not a test, you can't fail it. They can refuse to give you your certificate at the end of the day but you really need to cock it up. It's a course to make you safer on the road

Chris666

RMS Regular
Drives
Often
Wee fella (in stature, he was 48) I worked with managed to get his twice and he could barely spell his own name, nevermind safely ride his scooter.

Shouldn't be much trouble for most people

Lee

RMS Regular
Hello, I've read this whole thread but noticed that most posts are from 2012. Just wondering has anything changed around the laws for learning to ride a motorbike, method/process/what size of bike. I had heard they are changing this year but maybe thats ballex.

I'm 27, and have been thinking about starting to learn. I know where I will be going to do that and they would be best to ask but haven't rang yet and just sitting up on a sat night wondering!