Motorbike Insurance

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

AC

RMS Regular
I've been doing some quotes online for a first bike and for a 675 they are coming back back with an average of £1,500 for Fully Comp and around £650 for TPFT. I feel 17 again with first year car insurance!

I'm interested to hear who you are with, how long you've been riding and what your current premium is. I'm torn between going for TPFT or just sucking it up and taking the first year sting of Fully Comp.

Cheers

Last edited:

genman

G
Keep shopping about and watch out for some companies that offer lower quotes but want massive excesses if you claim.

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
I went TPFT for years and most I ever paid was about £180 for a 600 Fazer in my first year. After about three years it became around £100 for any kind of bike, except when I had a Blade, it was about £180.

Someone ( @genman maybe? ) mentioned E A Davies and I've switched to them recently. My two bikes together are now about 60% of what I paid previously AND they are now both fully comp, not TPFT. So that's £120 for a ST1300 and Suz GT550 together on one policy. (They also employ people I can understand on the phone)

AC

RMS Regular
OP
AC
Cheers for the replies, I'll give them a go!

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
Open & Direct..........£110 for a GSXR1000 and a Tiger 1050.

I wish my car insurance was like that!

cupraricky

RMS Regular
I've been with adelaide / corn market since i started biking. Local ciompany and have always matched/bettered quotes got online. I find gocompare & thebikeinsurer the best online sites for prices then i'd call corn market and they get me sorted.

When i started out on 650 suzuki i think it was around £400, but dropped big time after first year. Now i pay £120ish for 1050 triumph.

Shoulda said prices quoted above are fully comp.

Last edited:

Chris666

RMS Regular
Drives
Often
28yo with no current NCB, licence for nearly 11yrs, decent postcode via gocompare

£480 TPFT with MCE (2002 R1)

£83 TPO with Just motorcycle insurance (2002 R1)

£325 Comp with Principal for a 2002 SV650

I have my TZR50 frame insured currently for £80yr comp just building NCB

Creaney

RMS Regular
Drives
yea, 2007 daytona 675.
with MCE

do a search on motorcycle news insurance.

ilovequo

RMS Regular
It depends massively on your NCB.
Premium falls massively after first two or three years.

Im with Cornmarket at the moment. Found them ok...

clarkeg

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW S1000rr
I'm with Adelaide and have been since I started biking 5 years ago.

5 years NCB, £180 for my BMW S1000rr, third party fire and theft :grinning:

Clarke.

Debaser

RMS Regular
Drives
Kuga ST-Line X
TPF&T next to useless
I would always go fully comp on a bike, probably wouldn't cost much more

Mabb

RMS Regular
Drives
MT10 X5
I'm with Adelaide and have been since I started biking 5 years ago.

5 years NCB, £180 for my BMW S1000rr, third party fire and theft :grinning:

Clarke.

Seriously TPFT on an S1000rr? Was fully comp much more?

genman

G
either of my bikes are more expensive TPFT...split policies this year for about £180 each FC and Full NCB

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.