Mr2 roadster speaker size

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Andy044

RMS Regular
Drives
^^^^^^
Not sure on speaker size but speak to cartunes on here
iirc he recommends footwell subs for roadsters

c-bro

RMS Regular
Drives
Lexus IS300H F-S
I have been googling with no sucess what size are the front door speakers in an mr2 roadster
Ps has anyone fitted a 12" sub behind the seats my wife needs her bass back but it is a tough call with so little space

They're 16.5" components - door cards are easily removed. I cannibalised the OEM speakers to use the existing mounts. Good luck getting a tweeter which will fit the standard space though! I fixed the crossovers inside the door card down underneath the armrest/closing handle if that helps...

Always fancied putting sub behind the seats but as you know, there isn't much storage space and you will be reallly limited when it comes to carrying anything. Plus you also have to factor in the space required for the amplifier which I also placed in the rear storage bins.

Chris

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.