My 2003 Yamaha Banshee 350

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

BrianM

RMS Regular
OP
BrianM
Drives
07 Honda S2k
So with my exams FINALLY over I decided it was time to take the bike out for it's first proper scalp with a few mates on theirs.

Just a wee pic of the washing aftermath with the CRF250 thrown in for good measure :grinning:
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

BrianM

RMS Regular
OP
BrianM
Drives
07 Honda S2k
With summer in full swing the bike has performed flawlessly! Apart from oil changes and the parts above she has been just scalping around the field the odd time.

The bike currently has a set of spacers on the rear but I have never been trustworty of spacers and am considering upgrading to a widened rear axle. Spralling Gumtree/Ads4Free and Ebay etc. the two main choices are;

1. 'PRO AXLE'. 100mm wider than the standard setup and comes in at about £160 for a brand new one delivered with a very good feedback report.

2. 'DURABLUE Eliminator' Axle which is probably one of the best makes on the market and is coming in at £225 w/postage for a brand new unit.

Both products seem to be of good quality and would also help to eliminate the gremlin of the rear axle nut coming loose on the standard Yamaha axle but thought i'd post this up to see if anyone else had encounterd this problem (and had a different solution) or had went for either of these axles on their own bike?

Cheers,
Brian

Bono872

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi
Very nice Brian! Who's is that? How was the mongrel rally? Will have to take a call down to see you soon

EP82JM

RMS Regular
Nice banshee mate,have one myself but it wouldn't be as clean as that,unreal fun!

Anywhere local you get parts from?

Nightmare getting anything for them over here,seems to be a case of trawling eBay waiting for stuff to come up which aren't in the US.

Anywhere local or anywhere good online in the uk?

I also get that ******* axle nut coming loose all the time too! Feel a slight clunk when going hard on the power because of it when it does come loose!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.