My first MOT, anything specific to check for before i go?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

mckeown

RMS Regular
Drives
mitsi outlander
I have my first MOT as a biker and although everything seems to run good with my bike, is there anything i should check over? Should i stick the baffle back in the exhaust?

NI_Volvo_Nut

RMS Regular
Drives
Volvo's!
No way to measure sound, just don't ride it like a prat. If the can says "not for road use" it will fail. Make sure lights and tyres are good and everything that's meant to be tight, is tight.
You will be asked to do the brake test or you can ask the examiner to do it for you.

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
If exhaust is loud, just kill the engine as soon as you get in the door, then paddle it around with your feet.

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Make sure the pegs retract and fall back down as they should too.

Lights, horn, controls etc operate properly like a car, but pay close attention to hand and foot levers.

Chain and sprocket are worth having a look at too, if chain driven. Ensure you don't have a ninja star sprocket or the chain is hanging off her.

Generally a well maintained bike shouldn't have any issues as long as everything works as it should. Good luck with the test (y)

mckeown

RMS Regular
OP
mckeown
Drives
mitsi outlander
Just as an update I passed. The fella testing the bike didn't inspire much confidence in me lol.

Creaney

RMS Regular
Drives
did you do the brake test yourself?
what a bloody pain in the ass that thing is.

mckeown

RMS Regular
OP
mckeown
Drives
mitsi outlander
No, though id have been better doing it myself. it appeared to be the testers first time on a bike lol muchos revs to get her off the rollers

NI_Volvo_Nut

RMS Regular
Drives
Volvo's!
I can assure you it wasn't, they have about 10 different bikes of all varieties for training and they can be hard to get out of the rollers

mckeown

RMS Regular
OP
mckeown
Drives
mitsi outlander
I'm sure he is trained, its not a dig at MOT testers, just came across as not confident.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.