My FN2 type R

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

FN2DAVE

RMS Regular
Drives
Seat Leon
Ok its been a love /hate!! More Hate relationship with the FN2 civic type r. . One thing at a time .
Alot of work done from i bought it.
So far ive noticed
WET BOOT WELL!!??
@mcmurray any advise ?? or other fn2 member past and present that you know of on rms? ??
Theres a CLICK sound when coming from full lock faward and reversing. More so when in the morning!!
Just had gearbox . clutch and full new suspension rebuilt in 2015/2016. More so the wet boot is concerns ne me ??

Last edited:

mcmurray

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
Quick check on Civinfo says to check round the seals and where the window meets the perspex bit to see if you can spot where it's coming in. Never had any problems with that.

Clicking could be a few things. Does it only happen when turning? The front subframe clicks on them. Mine did it loads pulling away of slowing down. Re-grease the bolts or fit rigid collars are the solutions.

andy9eleven

RMS Regular
Drives
All broken
My front subframe clicked from new. Worst when turning out drive and coming down wee kerb. Warranty fix was re-grease and it was fine after that for years.

If you are pissed now don't look under the seal at the top of the front windscreen!

jshek007

RMS Regular
Drives
F30 335,FN2, R56
I swear i must be the only lucky owner lol. The only issue i had was the windscreen rust at the top and that was fixed under warranty. Apart from that, its been absolutely hassle free ownership (10 years).

andy9eleven

RMS Regular
Drives
All broken
You still got yours, good going. I regret letting mine go. I had some stupid niggles in mine, but annoyingly my roof rust was fixed by Donnelly's under warranty, then it returned again about 18 months later and they refused to fix it as there is only a 1 year warranty on the repair work, irrespective that there is a 6 or whatever year anti-corrosion warranty on the car and they are the authorised dealership!

jshek007

RMS Regular
Drives
F30 335,FN2, R56
Lol, yeah, still have mine. Can't believe how long i've had it. But its been so hassle free that i know i'll regret it once i let it go. In my ownership, the only things that have change (apart from tyres and brakes) is i had to replace drop links once and replaced a battery and that wasn't a necessity just thought after 7 years, i really should get a new battery.

Instead of changing my car, we keep changing my wifes (currently on a mini cooper s) to keep things interesting. But we are in the middle of swapping hers to either a f30 or a new c class, need a bigger car.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.