My Husqvarna Nuda 900

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
I fear for your chain and wheel bearings with all that soap and high pressure.
Love the bike though.

Ceebl

RMS Regular
OP
Ceebl
Drives
330d/C2 Loeb
I fear for your chain and wheel bearings with all that soap and high pressure.
Love the bike though.
Not really using the power hose for close quarters and the chain is due a good clean down and grease anyway... I know there are varying opinions about soap penetrating X-ring and o-ring seals etc but I am sure for all the washing this bike needs it will be fine, plenty of people power hose scramblers etc, this just gets a wash if its been out in the rain or mud. Rather soap than muck and if it needs wheel bearings every few years or whatever thats fine too! Don't mind throwing parts at the toy when it needs them lol

Ceebl

RMS Regular
OP
Ceebl
Drives
330d/C2 Loeb
Also the before and after exhaust vid is up... The video really doesn't do the new can justice for just how brutal it is!

Ceebl

RMS Regular
OP
Ceebl
Drives
330d/C2 Loeb
So a wee update, spent the weekend away with @warren to Achill Island and covered about 530 miles! The bike held up well and I wasn't even too badly broken either haha. Was a good adventure alright...
DSC_0861.jpg

DSC_0890.jpg

Full post here: http://reallymeansounds.com/forum/threads/achill-island.191598/#post-2978457

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
That's funny, the fella striking a pose in the rain gear and helmet.
A realistic advert for Irish motorcycling.

Ceebl

RMS Regular
OP
Ceebl
Drives
330d/C2 Loeb
Haha I hadn't even intended that, had just jumped off and was chilling waiting for a few cars to pass to get out of Warren's shot when he snapped it... But yeah we actually got a surprisingly dry weekend for the whole thing. Far better than we could have hoped for

Ceebl

RMS Regular
OP
Ceebl
Drives
330d/C2 Loeb
Recently the bike became inexplicably sick (a day after it had been out for a full days faffing about and not missed a single beat. One of the things I wanted to check was for dirty plugs etc, this in itself is a nightmare to do on these bikes.. Currently have half a frame and an engine on 2 wheels in the garage and nothing else.
To gain access to the spark plugs I have removed, the exhaust hanger and pillion pegs, the rear light and wiring, the fuse box and relays, the rear subframe and seat assembly, the ECU, the fuel tank, the airbag and inlet plenum, the fuel rail and the injectors... Its now an engine and and 2 wheels, will stick a photo up after...
Not fantastically impressed with the quality of the plastic used around the engine too, not sure if its brittle from heat or just cheap and nasty, broke quite a few things taking it apart that I really shouldn't have, including a nipple on the air box for idle air control which pulled off when i tried to pull the rubber hose off (with a finger and thumb) and shearing the fitting on the end of the fuel rail off (apparently this is a common mistake during dismantling these bikes...)
Luckily I have managed to repair most of my mistakes and a new fuel rail was only £9 from BMW (found out the part number for mine was the same as an F800GT which meant I didn't need to order the €50 part from finland or wherever the hell it was I found it lol.
Upon tear down I did find one of the spark plug wells full of water so shall have to do my best to wash it more carefully in future as it rarely sees rain, making me think this has to be my fault.
Just waiting on new spark plugs to arrive at the start of the week and I will try and get it built up enough to fire it over and make sure it runs when I get time.
Hopefully its just a damp plug and nothing more sinister as the bike is rammed with electronics and sensors and i don't have a £300 gs-9 diagnostic tool handy.

Pics to follow

Ceebl

RMS Regular
OP
Ceebl
Drives
330d/C2 Loeb
When you get rid of a car and free up some space it usually means one thing.....more bikes.
Seeing as I've just got married and have 2 holidays to pay for this year, I think another bike might have to wait... that said I didn't mean to buy (and couldn't really afford) the nuda at the time either, but man maths is a great and terrible thing lol

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.