My latest run around

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

j44nty

RMS Regular
If your replacing the rubber mount for the exhaust dose it full of good strong silicone as they last far longer. Common problem
20170110_165601.png

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Glad you got sorted buddy and I always think that shape clio never looks too outdated. Nice fresh car in a colour that polishes well. When I had the cup I always admired that colour and the navy blue in the 172. The 182 never did it for me. 172 bits are bound to be cheap and would look tidy
View attachment 134249
View attachment 134250
That looks nice! And giving me bad ideas! Lol

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
I just bought a Haynes manual for it as I noticed there's a bulb blown on the central display showing radio station, outside temp etc . . It may just stay blown! Half the dash to come out!!!

dub

RMS Regular
Drives
Aero Wagon
Glad you eventually got sorted @Blackie, we were beginning to think you wouldn't find anything!

Hopefully this doesn't turn out to be a mare, and is helpful for the family tasks.

Gobsheene

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini&Corolla
Glad you got sorted buddy and I always think that shape clio never looks too outdated. Nice fresh car in a colour that polishes well. When I had the cup I always admired that colour and the navy blue in the 172. The 182 never did it for me. 172 bits are bound to be cheap and would look tidy
View attachment 134249
View attachment 134250

Was about to post a Flamer 172 as well! always loved this colour.

Only electrical thing that failed on my 182 was the rheostat that conrolled the blowers on that climate unit.

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Was about to post a Flamer 172 as well! always loved this colour.

Only electrical thing that failed on my 182 was the rheostat that conrolled the blowers on that climate unit.
My blower works fine, but the air wouldn't be fiercely hot coming from it

Odhran

RMS Regular
Drives
A5 Sportback
I just bought a Haynes manual for it as I noticed there's a bulb blown on the central display showing radio station, outside temp etc . . It may just stay blown! Half the dash to come out!!!

Hit the lower dash down a slap around the passenger side. At least that's how my friend used to get the same bulb working on his identical Clio!

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
So after a few days of driving the Clio I can't believe how "advanced" it feels compared to the Fiesta. Although the Clio is only four years younger than the Fiesta, it feels like it's decades apart from it!! That's maybe a bit harsh on the Fiesta, but the mk5 Fiesta realistically is the same shell as the mk3 with only really a bit of a facelift!

The drive is so much better than I ever gave Renault credit for and prior to this the only French cars I had owned were Peugeots and Talbots, and I had tarred all French cars with the same brush.

How wrong I was! I still think Peugeot are rubbish, but Renault definitely aren't as bad as I thought!

Phil_EK9

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 CTR/E36
So after a few days of driving the Clio I can't believe how "advanced" it feels compared to the Fiesta. Although the Clio is only four years younger than the Fiesta, it feels like it's decades apart from it!! That's maybe a bit harsh on the Fiesta, but the mk5 Fiesta realistically is the same shell as the mk3 with only really a bit of a facelift!

The drive is so much better than I ever gave Renault credit for and prior to this the only French cars I had owned were Peugeots and Talbots, and I had tarred all French cars with the same brush.

How wrong I was! I still think Peugeot are rubbish, but Renault definitely aren't as bad as I thought!

They are brilliant wee things to throw around as long as they behave lol

CHARLIE11

RMS Regular
Drives
like a nutta
the only problem I had with mine was the immobiliser. it would randomly not let me start the car, the solution was to disconnect the battery for about 5 mins and put it back in, and it would fire up no probs, just incase uve any bother. as I said, I think I mite have a standard exhaust, a cherrybomb (u don't really want it), possibly some lowering springs and maybe a few other bits lyin at the folks, i'll have a look at the weekend if the auld boy has not dumped the stuff they are urs if u want them.

Boksic

RMS Regular
the only problem I had with mine was the immobiliser. it would randomly not let me start the car, the solution was to disconnect the battery for about 5 mins and put it back in, and it would fire up no probs, just incase uve any bother. as I said, I think I mite have a standard exhaust, a cherrybomb (u don't really want it), possibly some lowering springs and maybe a few other bits lyin at the folks, i'll have a look at the weekend if the auld boy has not dumped the stuff they are urs if u want them.

If this does happen to you, there is now an immo bypass system readily available for cheap monies. Yes it makes the car easier to steal obviously, but if it comes to it, it is available.

Looks a decent wee car, I always liked those wheels and colour, half keeping an eye out for a set for my mums newer shape clio (08ish) if you come across any cheap.

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
I've just discovered that the 1*2 comes with 16" versions of my wheels! Maybe a 1*2 lookalike will be easier achieved that I thought lol

G N K

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Nice one, good enough driving wee cars. Looks well and clean in that colour too!

They are pretty compact Inside I think though.

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Nice one, good enough driving wee cars. Looks well and clean in that colour too!

They are pretty compact Inside I think though.
Yea rear leg room isn't great and I've found today that my right leg is touching the driver's door card, but other than that I'm happy with it.

Getting wee niggles sorted, I managed to get the trip computer (mpg, miles left in tank etc. .) working again after getting the car to do a self test/system reset. Daft things that aren't essential, but as it's there lol

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Today I had a go at doing my headlights using the Meguiars kit that comes with an attachment for the drill, hard to show any progress in the fading light, but in the flesh there is a marked improvements.

Before:

Attachments

• IMG_5351.JPG
    IMG_5351.JPG
    69.1 KB · Views: 165

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
And after. There's still a little bit of staining but as I've never used a buff or anything closely resembling one I'm happy(ish) with the results.
I'm scared of going at them for too long and wrecking them altogether lol

Attachments

• IMG_5354.JPG
    IMG_5354.JPG
    104.5 KB · Views: 184

rosssei

RMS Regular
1*2 grille is a great upgrade! looking well! I'll check the garage see if I have any parts from my numerous old ones that may be of use!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.