Named drivers

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

rugrat

RMS Photographer
Drives
Leon FR 2.0TDi
"Direct Line has announced that it will begin to take named drivers' driving histories into account when calculating no claims discounts. Some 18 million drivers in the UK are named drivers on another person's policy, and up until now they have had to start from scratch to build up their own no-claim discounts when purchasing their first policy. The ABI is expecting the move from Direct Line to put pressure on other industry leaders to follow suit which could dramatically lessen the cost of first-time policies for younger drivers. Emma Holyer from Direct Line said the move is 'a major step forward for those motorists who have been paying over the odds for their insurance'."

(07 January 2006 Daily Telegraph, Main p10)

brendy

RMS Regular
its not a bad idea itll still not make driving big ins cars any cheaper, just means less people using named drivers probably after their first year of driving. I might be wrong (jesus H. the amount of times in the past!)
Id say they will stand to be on a winner as two policies may offer more income combined rather than one policy inflated.

Gobsheene

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini&Corolla
Post office are giving me 2 years no claims at the end of my years policy with them.

I had 3.5 years driving experiance on my mums car before hand! so they took that into account when i applied

UNLOCKCARRADIOS

Drives
disco
You should phone up churchil insurance tell them your car can not be stolen, even the police stay away and will not give you a ticket !!!! WHY ? cos you own two snarling rottweilers, they should give you discount for the best car security, if they hesitate tell them your dogs will be walking nearby next time they are out.... lol ----- NO only joking have you guys tried ELEPHANT.CO.UK they are cheap....

Smick

RMS Regular
Drives
CLA45
UNLOCKCARRADIOS said:
You should phone up churchil insurance tell them your car can not be stolen, even the police stay away and will not give you a ticket !!!! WHY ? cos you own two snarling rottweilers, they should give you discount for the best car security, if they hesitate tell them your dogs will be walking nearby next time they are out.... lol ----- NO only joking have you guys tried ELEPHANT.CO.UK they are cheap....

Jeeez man u alrite there?!! :confounded: lol

Karlos Da Jackle

RMS Regular
Drives
PUG 306+GSI CARL
Feck i could of done with this sooner!!!
I only got my own insurance policy there last year for the first time!!!
I've always been a named driver, i would of had 9 years of being a named driver, to collect on!!! Its defo a good idea, if that had of counted before, i'd prob went out on my own alot sooner!

Gobsheene

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini&Corolla
Jaqui... it excludes N.ireland!

Well so the small print on the english adverts say!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.