New Honda Monkey bike

IL

RMS Regular
Drives
981 GTS
Cool! I had an ST70 original monkey when I was a kid, sold it for £250, kicking myself now :worried:

Honda+Dax+ST70.jpg

Laundrymike

RMS Regular
Drives
T4, S3, Mini
They look cool and having ridden the odd bike over the years, but never actually owned one - what sort of distance do you reckon you could cover on a 125cc, before it started doing your head in?

Mr.Mint

RMS Regular
Drives
Many Things.
A bit of a thread steal here, but what would a 1981 Honda CR 80R Air-cooled Scrambler be worth these days??? It's in pretty good nick and totally genuine, even down to the paint wearing thin in places...

Always wondered just...

IL

RMS Regular
Drives
981 GTS
A bit of a thread steal here, but what would a 1981 Honda CR 80R Air-cooled Scrambler be worth these days??? It's in pretty good nick and totally genuine, even down to the paint wearing thin in places...

Always wondered just...

Have a nosey on ebay to see what they are going for, not sure what air cooled scrams are worth.

2 stroke I assume?

forde

RMS Regular
Drives
Vectra SRi

Always wondered just...

Nothing particularly special about tha model like there is about a monkey bike. So not worth a fortune just because its old but still a cool bike is it a big wheel

Looking to get an msx soon if possible myself. Whoever asked how far can you go on a 125 before it does your head in well it will do 60 so if its comfy as far as you want lol

warren

RMS Photographer
Would just be a bit scary to be out on the road on something that small! Owned a 125 breifly, topped out at 45 and vibrated like nothing ive ever seen.

Those would be serious fun when out with a mate though :grinning:

Mr.Mint

RMS Regular
Drives
Many Things.
Nothing particularly special about tha model like there is about a monkey bike. So not worth a fortune just because its old but still a cool bike is it a big wheel

Oh I know that, I will never sell it, I just wanted to see what it is worth 25yrs later lol.

It is the wee wheel version, apparently quite rare now...

gcon45

RMS Regular
Drives
and rides
I want to buy one of these and retire to the south of France!

Buzzing round on one of these in a t-shirt and shorts. I could live with that.

forde

RMS Regular
Drives
Vectra SRi
Oh I know that, I will never sell it, I just wanted to see what it is worth 25yrs later lol.

It is the wee wheel version, apparently quite rare now...

Its still a class bike definitley rare and a cool thing to have but not the expensive kind of rare like a monkey bike is what I meant. Tbh there are probably more monkey bikes around lol

2fast4u

RMS Regular
Drives
V50, MT-10, MSX
Did you buy of Belfast Honda? Talking to them today and they said their 2 bikes are sold.

Yip the two red ones in the showroom in Belfast and a Black one coming from Portadown are the 3. Getting them on Thursday!!!!!!

forde

RMS Regular
Drives
Vectra SRi
Would just be a bit scary to be out on the road on something that small! Owned a 125 breifly, topped out at 45 and vibrated like nothing ive ever seen.

Those would be serious fun when out with a mate though :grinning:

something was very wrong with your 125 mate

FYI these MSXs arent as small as you think. even in the metal they look small, but if you check cycle-ergo.com the seating position and amount of space you have is near enough identical to the CT110 and similar models. its the 12" wheels and clever styling cues that create the impression that its super tiny. I had a sit on the one in allens this morning, loads of room and very comfy definitely a viable bike for daily use and not just as a toy.

warren

RMS Photographer
forde There was nothing wrong with it, it cost me £100, it had 6bhp when it was new and was called a "Chituma" It was just naturally limited lol.

Kerzo

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon FR
lol - looks cool, I wouldn't know what to do with it though if I got one!

(would welcome a test drive though from future owners :p )

areofall

RMS Regular
OP
areofall
£2600

I've just ordered one!

I've probably missed the boat for the first batch of bikes, but really want one just can't decide on colour ? Who did you buy off ? The insurance isn't great on them £222 with no bonus and £750 access from MCE. Full bike test age 33.

Kerzo

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon FR
That's wild, are they proper UK stock or imports? I suppose the insurance is high because of how they will probably be ridden ;)