New Honda Monkey bike

Sharkey

RMS Regular
Lovely , what other colours had they in stock ? Telling myself I don't need one :p

They had red, white and black/grey, but the white was sold I think when I lifted mine. The sales guy actually ordered a yellow one in for me, but i changed my mind and took the red.

Attachments

• IMG_5975.JPG
    IMG_5975.JPG
    138.9 KB · Views: 175

RevT

RMS Regular
I've no real interest in bikes and I don't have the bike licence but I'd be very tempted to buy one of these, for no other reason than them being pretty cool looking.

Father Stack

RMS Regular
Drives
VRS
Class! Cbt next week?

Yeah, me and the girlfriend both doing it this week. As soon as it's done and the insurance is sorted I can pick it up, Thursday week is just a provisional date!

Who are you lads all insured with?

Last edited:

Sharkey

RMS Regular
Yeah, me and the girlfriend both doing it this week. As soon as it's done and the insurance is sorted I can pick it up, Thursday week is just a provisional date!

Who are you lads all insured with?

Same. I had to insure it prior to collecting it, tho I took it home in a van. Didn't fancy a ride from Belfast as my first time on a road bike lol I did my insurance through admiral. £160 for the year.

Father Stack

RMS Regular
Drives
VRS
As a complete noob to riding bikes on the road - what all do I need for this? Helmet obviously, what gloves are good?

Do people ride these in full leathers or does a leather jacket suffice?

Simon998

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini
As a complete noob to riding bikes on the road - what all do I need for this? Helmet obviously, what gloves are good?

Do people ride these in full leathers or does a leather jacket suffice?

Get a neck tube, amazing things. Leather jacket will suffice but you'll want a good pair of trousers. Even if you don't think you'll need them from a safety aspect, you'll want a pair in winter or you'll be doing the ministry of funny walks every time you get off it until you get the feeling back in your knees.

I've still got my old Hein Gericke jacket, it must be 10 years old now and still does the job.

Father Stack

RMS Regular
Drives
VRS
Get a neck tube, amazing things. Leather jacket will suffice but you'll want a good pair of trousers. Even if you don't think you'll need them from a safety aspect, you'll want a pair in winter or you'll be doing the ministry of funny walks every time you get off it until you get the feeling back in your knees.

I've still got my old Hein Gericke jacket, it must be 10 years old now and still does the job.

I've got one of those neck yokes I use for snowboarding, never even thought of that!

Aye for winter I would definitely be picking up some heavier duty stuff - possibly heated grips too. I'm just wondering if there's anything glaringly obvious I'm missing, apart from helmet, gloves and jacket!

Simon998

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini
Yeah, heated grips are another godsend and Anti-mist for the visor if you're as easily annoyed as I am.

With a helmet/jacket you're pretty much good to go. Everyone says to get those tyres changed asap so I'd be doing that before spending more money on gear. Gear will help if you fall, better tyres will hopefully prevent that fall happening in the first place.

J55NI

RMS Regular
I've got one of those neck yokes I use for snowboarding, never even thought of that!

Aye for winter I would definitely be picking up some heavier duty stuff - possibly heated grips too. I'm just wondering if there's anything glaringly obvious I'm missing, apart from helmet, gloves and jacket!
Boots :grinning:

John_MK5

RMS Regular
These look absolutely brilliant. My new house is about 6 miles from work and my home place over a nice mountain road. Looks like they would be brilliant fun for the commute to and from work. Think once i have the wedding and honeymoon over me a purchase may be on the cards. lol

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
No clue, nobody told me to...

Don't think I've ever seen a 125 with L plates!

I'm not sure either. I'd quite like one of these myself, and I know it's silly, but displaying L plates on it put me off :oops: