newer plate than car

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Alun VR6

Drives
MK3 Golf VR6
can a newer year english plate go on an older NI car? I know in england u cant do it, but can u do it to a car over here as long as its been on a newer car in england first?

Alun VR6

OP
A
Drives
MK3 Golf VR6
damn i thought it was only an english thing..was plannin on transfering the plate to the correct age car in england first then transfering it over here to mine! ARGH

Nordonian

RMS Regular
ID nearly put my life on the fact that you cant. my da bought g norden plate for him self, and told me there was d norden plate available but its no use for my car as its 1998

metro1800

RMS Regular
Drives
405 Mi16
Nordonian is right. A mate of mine had his heart set on a new plate for his Cossie, only to find they wouldn't do it as the English plate was newer than his car

OLLIeCrX

RMS Regular
Drives
C63 AMG
i know of a car floating about with a plate newer than the car, plates an M reg and the cars older... yet no one knows how it was done

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Could you not transfer the reg onto the correct age of car here, then because it has become an NI reg, it should (in theory) be dateless, so you can then transfer onto whatever car you want??????

It will mean a double transfer, but if it gets you what you want.............

Nordonian

RMS Regular
becuause i bought my car over the water
i had to register my plate twice
im almost certain it aint possible

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
a plate can be transferred to a younger car, ie: 03 on a 2005 car, or similar...

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
OLLIeCrX said:
i know of a car floating about with a plate newer than the car, plates an M reg and the cars older... yet no one knows how it was done

wrong reg perhaps? :confounded:

duplicates aint that rare, especially if its using a foreign (across the water) plate...

Nordonian

RMS Regular
slow_assed_clio said:
wrong reg perhaps? :confounded:

duplicates aint that rare, especially if its using a foreign (across the water) plate...

easy done
ive had somene clone the plates on my ma's car when i was named driver on policy, thank fook the car was on cctv parked in a carpark at work in portadown when the cops tried to tell me i had done a hit and run at the same time in belfast

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
**** that.. you were lucky that time.. bet your glad you parked in a CCTV'd car-park that day lol

Nordonian

RMS Regular
yeah big time
was parked at work, so luckily the cameras seen me driving in in the morning and that the car never moved till 530pm.
i honestly dont know what i would have done had i not been on cctv

saxo_man

RMS Regular
OLLIeCrX said:
if you bought someone elses reg off their car, then would they be issued with a brand new 2006 plate?? this might explain the fact that the car has a reg younger than it actually is?

CapMan

Banned
Drives
Wait and see!
No, it wouldn't be issued with a 2006 plate if it was on the mainland, it would be given a plate for the year the car was first registered.

Over here in NI though, its different in that you DO in fact get a 2006 plate as our plates are supposed to be non date-related (even though they kind of are).

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.