NI's 1st IONITY Ultra-Rapid hub

davyk31

RMS Regular
Is this just pay at the place or do you need an ionty app?
I was there and I don’t know 😂

Generally the best way will be via a manufacturers card if you have something. I have both a VW and Porsche card and it is 30p per unit with the Porsche card rather than more than twice that normally. Other than that I would aim to have the app as it will be better value and handier.

Just to correct that. It was actually Kennedy Centre I was at but will be the same thing.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
What’s this manufacturers card you’re talking about mate?

Do BMW have one? Never heard of them

davyk31

RMS Regular
I would have thought BMW have some scheme. I have the VW card which is WeCharge and then also the Porsche charging card. Both give special discount on various brands of chargers. Hyundai and others also have cards so would be surprised if BMW hadn’t some arrangement.

On the Porsche card the Ionity rate is 30p per KwH rather than I think their pay as you go rate is 74p. It also doesn’t need to be a Porsche charging to use the card as it works just fine when an ID.3 is plugged in. Ask me how I know 😀😀

davyk31

RMS Regular
To be more accurate the VW one isn’t even a card, it’s an App you can download in the car and on your phone. I haven’t used it at all as I rarely use public chargers but know it gets a discount on the ESB chargers and others. It’s called WeCharge.
The Porsche one is both a card and an app and it came in the post shortly after I got the Taycan.