Nitrogen in Tyres

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

KERR'S TYRES

RMS Regular
Looking for better fuel economy?
Try Nitrogen in your tyres today!

Benefits include:
Better tire-pressure retention
Improved fuel economy
Cooler running temperatures
Prevents wheel rot

Only £2.50 per wheel!
Contact us for more details!

nitrogen-1.jpg

IMG_0062 use this one.JPG

NeilNaz

RMS Regular
Drives
Cautiously
Hi,

Can you please let me know if this can be done at your Newtownards branch?

And what about post N fill, when subsequently checking/maintaining your tyre pressure do you just use compressed air in the conventional manner?

KERR'S TYRES

RMS Regular
OP
KERR'S TYRES
Hi Neil,

Yes all of our centres have the Nitrogen machines.
Yes you can certainly refill with normal compressed air but you won't get the benefits of the Nitrogen if it is mixed with normal air.
Having Nitrogen in your tyres should prevent the need for regular top ups as it should keep the desired pressure in your tyre for longer.
Hope this helps.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks

Jeff

NeilNaz

RMS Regular
Drives
Cautiously
Hi Neil,

Yes all of our centres have the Nitrogen machines.
Yes you can certainly refill with normal compressed air but you won't get the benefits of the Nitrogen if it is mixed with normal air.
Having Nitrogen in your tyres should prevent the need for regular top ups as it should keep the desired pressure in your tyre for longer.
Hope this helps.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks

Jeff

Cheers Jeff, thanks for the reply

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Think I might go for this when im changing my tyres just to try it out.

Out of interest if someone gets their tyres from an online site like Openeo ... How much does Kerrs charge to fit and balance per tyre?

KERR'S TYRES

RMS Regular
OP
KERR'S TYRES
Hi Chris,

Yes definitely just call down at any time and we can do this for you.
For fitting and balancing an owners tyre it's £8 all in per tyre.

Though if we have the tyre in stock we will try to match the Oponeo price + Fitting to save you the hassle of getting tyres delivered and carting them down here.
Is there anything else that I can do for you?

Thanks
Jeff

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Thats really good if you could price match with internet based companies. (FYI @Carson)

Thats £8 per tyre with the Nitrogen fill?

KERR'S TYRES

RMS Regular
OP
KERR'S TYRES
Hi Chris,
Sorry it's £8 for the fitting and balancing per tyre then the Nitrogen is £2.50 per tyre separately.
Hope this helps.

For internet sales you can check out BlackCircles.com where you can choose us as a fitter and buy tyres online.
And we try and give customers the best price possible so feel free to contact us for any quotes.

Thanks
Jeff

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Hi Chris,
Sorry it's £8 for the fitting and balancing per tyre then the Nitrogen is £2.50 per tyre separately.
Hope this helps.

For internet sales you can check out BlackCircles.com where you can choose us as a fitter and buy tyres online.
And we try and give customers the best price possible so feel free to contact us for any quotes.

Thanks
Jeff

Sounds good thanks alot Jeff!

ashloys

RMS Regular
Drives
MK4 Supra/Polo
I'd deffo be interested in this for the Supra. I'll need new tyres soonish. I usually get mine off camskill but I'll give you guys a call for a quote before hand whenever I'm looking.

hippyross

RMS Regular
Hi Ross,

We deflate the tyre and then our PCL Nitrogen machine extracts the rest of the regular air out of the tyres before re-inflating with Nitrogen gas.
Hope this helps.
Is there anything else I can help you with?

Thanks
Jeff

No that's all thanks, I was just interested in how you got all the air out to put the nitrogen in.

Mark_D

RMS Regular
Drives
Defender 90 XS
No that's all thanks, I was just interested in how you got all the air out to put the nitrogen in.
It's a valid point, you can't get all the air out unless you break the bead and flush the tyre cavity with nitrogen before sealing the tyre and filling.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
It's a valid point, you can't get all the air out unless you break the bead and flush the tyre cavity with nitrogen before sealing the tyre and filling.

Does it really matter? After a vacuum the amount of air in there (which is already 78% nitrogen) is bound to be negligible compared to a filled tyre.

Stu Beck

RMS Regular
I believe they do flush it with nitrogen and then extract it again. I got mine done and if I remember right they did it twice. You can top up with air so a small amount left is nothing.

Phil_EK9

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 CTR/E36
Does it really matter? After a vacuum the amount of air in there (which is already 78% nitrogen) is bound to be negligible compared to a filled tyre.

Its not necessarily just about the oxygen, other stuff like water vapour can cause inconsistencies in tyre pressures when up to temp and this will only be a tiny percentage. 100% nitrogen removes this and gives you greater consistency.

Neil Kirkpatrick

RMS Regular
Drives
Subaru Impreza P
The process we use is to purge the tyre twice with Nitrogen. This removes as much of the air that is possible and leaves it pretty much as close as you can get to 100% nitrogen left in the tyre. The machine will also remove any water content that's in the compressed air.

I have seen huge benefits with the rally car when using it. With normally compressed air I seen the tyre pressure fluctuate 8 to 10 plus PSI when the temperature rises. With nitrogen it's only been a few PSI.

Last edited:
Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.