Northern Ireland Air Ambulance

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

yvo6

RMS Regular
Great News:
First air ambulance arrives in Belfast

Article here First air ambulance arrives in Belfast - BBC News

_92353764_hindspacemaker.jpg

Debaser

RMS Regular
Drives
Kuga ST-Line X
Hopefully a fitting and lasting tribute to a true gent
Had the pleasure of meeting him a few times over the years

genman

G
Still a shame we had to loose John for the bureaucrats to get off there ass and do the right thing.
Mental that they still haven't figured out where to Base it....what a bunch of pig headed twats work in Stormont.

richie_mck

RMS Regular
Unfortunately it's still a long way to go before this is actually operational and a lot of debates about where it will be based, if there will be a requirement for medical staff on board, etc. At this point they've leased a helicopter and stickered it up to show the exchequer and public there has been some progress on it.

It has to be based near an airport for operational reasons so that means either Belfast, Antrim, Derry or Fermanagh. If they decide there is a requirement for medical staff the helicopter will have to leave base and travel to a hospital to pick up staff before it can attend the incident.

The other issue is that for instance the royal had a new helipad built on top of the new acute ward, but they cant use it because the wind is too high.

Add in all the politicians sticking their nose in and their own agendas it'll be a fair while off.

Dynam0humm

RMS Regular
Unfortunately it's still a long way to go before this is actually operational and a lot of debates about where it will be based, if there will be a requirement for medical staff on board, etc. At this point they've leased a helicopter and stickered it up to show the exchequer and public there has been some progress on it.

It has to be based near an airport for operational reasons so that means either Belfast, Antrim, Derry or Fermanagh. If they decide there is a requirement for medical staff the helicopter will have to leave base and travel to a hospital to pick up staff before it can attend the incident.

I thought it was a done deal that they'd be operating out of Aldergrove? - Two air ambulances set for Northern Ireland after hero doctor's campaign - BelfastTelegraph.co.uk

The other issue is that for instance the royal had a new helipad built on top of the new acute ward, but they cant use it because the wind is too high.

Eh? I was in Belfast today and there was hardly a breeze at all... Maybe the helipad is situated in an area that can create rotor wash for the heli or some other issue but I doubt they'd scrap the idea because it gets a bit windy in Belfast sometimes...

Hopefully a fitting and lasting tribute to a true gent
Had the pleasure of meeting him a few times over the years

I laughed at this and I know the Doc would too. He was a prolific poster on the PB mag forum and the swear filter there changes c**t to gent. I remember the thread where he took a new GSXR1000 out for a test ride and gented it through a hedge, and the one where he bought a RC45 that was relatively cheap as it had been had been pre-gented for him.

tim

RMS Regular
I highly doubt its wind related.

The pad I read not long ago isn't fit for purpose? Nothing would surprise me at this point.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.