Number plate font?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Does anyone know whether the legal font used on plates is actually a font on MS Word?!

Im looking to experiment with a few combinations but want it to be 100% as it would on a car.

JC3

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
I dont think you can get it on a word processor, think it was designed and copyrighted fornumber plates only. Antagometrica BT and Modus are the closes using Identifont.com but I dont think these are on Word either, can probably download them and instal them easily enough. Do some websites not give you a preview on cars?

Odhran

RMS Regular
Drives
A5 Sportback
or use one of those sites that create the plate online and photoshop it in :grinning:

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
Great idea!

Basically with all this talk of number plates of late, im afraid my other half will get pulled over for her plate as it has a space where there shouldnt be a space. If i remove that space and bunch all 5 digits up together, she runs less chance of being stopped. If shes stopped now and told to make it legal, it sort of defeats the purpose of the plate, whereas it will still be clear if all the digits are close.

rybo

RMS Regular
Great idea!

If i remove that space and bunch all 5 digits up together, she runs less chance of being stopped. If shes stopped now and told to make it legal, it sort of defeats the purpose of the plate, whereas it will still be clear if all the digits are close.

Groups must be spaced correctly as per the registration number.

Anything else is misrepresentation and will be treated as such. She is just as likely to be stopped for this as for the way it is.

The only safe way is to have it right (y)

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.