Number plate in front window?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Deleted member 13907

D
Was going to say its probably fine, cos you can put trade plates on the inside of the screen, but then trade plates only really relate to the taxation on the car, rather than its identity, so could be a whole different kettle of fish.

Jonto

RMS Regular
Drives
finger up arse
also found something i didnt know about letter sizes on import cars, the letters are allowed to be 64mm due to the size of the number plate its goin onto, and you must have 11mm between the letter and edge of the plate, jackpot

chrisd1

RMS Regular
Drives
AE86 / EF Civic
also found something i didnt know about letter sizes on import cars, the letters are allowed to be 64mm due to the size of the number plate its goin onto, and you must have 11mm between the letter and edge of the plate, jackpot

ahh the old import problem, dont get me started on this lad lol, fekin torture!

And this new 'system' has really messed it up even getting a standard plate made for our import cars...

they obviously didn't think of us when they were thinking up their new money grabbing schemes:mad:

ps: them plates in the front window look rediculous, leaving the recess especially just looks like your plate fell off...

Jonto

RMS Regular
Drives
finger up arse
Display of Vehicle Registration Marks on Imported Vehicles (which have arestricted space for a standard sized number plate)Certain imported vehicles may be permitted to display number plates with smaller characters if:The vehicle does not have European Community Whole Vehicle Type ApprovalAND
l The vehicle's construction/design cannot accomodate standard size number platesSpecifications for smaller sized plates (for certain imported vehicles)
Character Height
64mm
Character Width
44mm
Character Stroke
10mm
Space between characters
10mm

i have this printed out in my glove box :laughing:

chrisd1

RMS Regular
Drives
AE86 / EF Civic
yup, me too, just hard convincing some people that the recess is arestricted area and i actually DO have the biggest plate possible...idiots..:p

ps: good job on the new DC2(y)

D4LY

RMS Regular
Drives
HOME ON A BOAT
Was going to say its probably fine, cos you can put trade plates on the inside of the screen, but then trade plates only really relate to the taxation on the car, rather than its identity, so could be a whole different kettle of fish.

Trade plates should be displayed where the number plate is and covering the cars number plates, not on the dash.

Conor

RMS Regular
OP
Conor
ffs i wouldnt even embaress myself asking a question like this course its not bloody legal (for looking gay!)

As always your contribution is very constructive.

What would this site do without you?(y)

Can mods close this,i only wanted a question answered,if id wanted opinoins on how it looks i wouldve asked.

rybo

RMS Regular
No its not legal to display your number plates from behind the windscreen.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.